Hi, I'm flow! Is is a bad sign that my PIP claim is being audited? — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Hi, I'm flow! Is is a bad sign that my PIP claim is being audited?

Options
flow
flow Community member Posts: 3 Listener
edited April 2021 in PIP, DLA, and AA
I'm wanting advice on my pip claim. They said that my claim has been sent to audit. Is this a bad sign?

Comments

• janer1967
    janer1967 Community member Posts: 21,964 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi and welcome 

Ig is nothing to worry about 

Claims are randomly selected for audit if is to check their own processes and not an audit on you 

Only downside is it may  take longer to get it all completed 
  • flow
    flow Community member Posts: 3 Listener
    Options
    Thankyou. My claim started on the 5th Jan and my telephone assessment was done a month ago, how long do you think this would take to make a decision?
  • janer1967
    janer1967 Community member Posts: 21,964 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    The normal guideline is 8 weeks for a decision but that is just a guide 

Some cats quicker some are longer , basically how long is a piece of string 

De8ends in backlogs and workload in your area and if the decision maker 
  • Cher_Alumni
    Cher_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 5,741 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi @flow

Just to advise, I've moved this post to our PIP, DLA and AA category and slightly amended the title, to help others in the future who may have the same question.

I hope @janer1967 's advice has helped quell some of your worry and please let us know how you get on.  Good luck!
    Online Community Co-ordinator

Want to tell us about your experience on the online community?  Talk to our chatbot and let us know.

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.