DSA reassessment — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

DSA reassessment

Kit_
Kit_ Community member Posts: 31 Connected
edited April 2021 in Education
Hi everyone, I’ve been on DSA for 3 years but for the past 2 years I’ve had an injury that I didn’t have at my assessment. What is the process of getting reassessed like and how do I do it? I’m also not sure if they will be able to do anything different as I did have shoulder pain before, it is just worse now. I have the laptop stand, book stand, adjustable desk, ergonomic chair, arm rests and a few other bits and bobs already, do you think I will be able to get a new chair? I don’t think this one is right for me any more but I don’t know if they have a limit on how much you can spend over the period of your degree. 
Thanks in advance :)

Comments

• Welliboots93
    Welliboots93 Community member Posts: 32 Courageous
    Hi! I get DSA and entering my 3rd year in September!

I already have the chair, desk, foot stool, wheel case, laptop etc etc

But I have new conditions such as fibromylagia etc, when I applied for student finance for 3rd year I did another DSA section then on my online account I sent in letters from my rheumatologist with the diagnosis of new conditions and I heard back about a week later saying I need a new assessment with DSA. I have a disability advisor at uni and she is Brill so I contacted them about my new conditions and they helped fast track it by sending other evidence on my behalf and she said its best to have another assessment because there could be other things they could offer you even tho I have the physical items there could be other stuff!

I hope this helps! Goodluck! 

Brightness