What's the waiting list to see audiologist, and can I choose different colours for my hearing aid? — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

What's the waiting list to see audiologist, and can I choose different colours for my hearing aid?

Welliboots93
Welliboots93 Community member Posts: 32 Courageous
edited April 2021 in Sensory impairments
Today I got the results for my scan as I have pulsatile tinnitus and moderate hearing loss, it came back all clear! Which is great!

However, I have damage in my inner ear and need hearing aids, so I've been discharged from ENT and sent for a referral to the audiologist

My questions are, how long will this take to get an appointment and do I get to choose different colours for my hearing aid?!

I don't mind having the behind the ear ones but would be great if they come in different colours haha 

Comments

• Cher_Alumni
    Cher_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 5,741 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @Welliboots93

That's great news about your scan, thank you for sharing :)

I think waiting times for appointments would depend on which hospital you were attending and their waiting list but hopefully it won't be too long.  I've done a little snooping about the colours too, and this NHS 'Hearing Aids' webpage says behind the ear ones do come in different colours so yey! 
    BTE hearing aids are one of the easiest types to use and are suitable for most people with hearing loss. They're available in a range of colours.
    Please keep us updated with how you get on and what colour you end up choosing B)
    Online Community Co-ordinator

Want to tell us about your experience on the online community?  Talk to our chatbot and let us know.

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.
  • Welliboots93
    Welliboots93 Community member Posts: 32 Courageous
    Thank you! The ENT doctor didn't say for waiting times, and I forgot to ask so hopefully not too long!

But thank you about the info on colours, fingers crossed I do get to choose a jazzy colour! 
  • janer1967
    janer1967 Community member Posts: 21,964 Disability Gamechanger
    Slightly different but I know set of twins who were deaf from birth and they had different coloured hearing aids on nhs 

One had blue and one had green so they knew who's were who's 
  • Sandy_123
    Sandy_123 Scope Member Posts: 46,765 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @Welliboots93 hopefully you don't have to wait too long, I'm intrigued what colour you choose too.

Brightness