PIP MR -REALLY WORRIED PLS HELP — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

PIP MR -REALLY WORRIED PLS HELP

anxiousbird
anxiousbird Community member Posts: 162 Pioneering
Hi all
i had to submit my MR before the deadline of 2nd April. I spent a lot of time writing up the letter and collecting evidence, and finally sent it off a few days ago. I thought I’ll give them a call on 2nd April just to confirm that they’ve received my post and if not, initiate the MR over the phone so that atleast it’s submitted before the deadline. I’ve just tried calling them and apparently they’re closed for the holiday (which I didn’t know they will be). I’m sooo worried now, will they just refuse to accept my MR because they received it later than the deadline (even though I have proof of postage saying it was well within the deadline)? What are my options. Pls help 

Comments

• janer1967
    janer1967 Community member Posts: 21,964 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi there 

Dont worry about it they will expect late post due to the long weekend break and they may have already got it 

Once received it takes a while for it to be scanned onto the system

To put your mind at ease ring them next week 

• calcotti
    calcotti Community member Posts: 10,010 Disability Gamechanger
    Even if 'late' it will probably be accepted and if not you can appeal the original decision to tribunal.
    Information I post is for England unless otherwise stated. Rules may be different in other parts of UK.
  • anxiousbird
    Are you guys sure? Or will they just say that I should sent it even earlier to account for the possible delays or for the time it takes to scan it into the system? 
  • janer1967
    janer1967 Community member Posts: 21,964 Disability Gamechanger
    They are not going to reject it without good reason to do so . You have your proof of postage and they are well aware of postal delays 

And as above even if they do you can appeal it 
  • anxiousbird
    thanks so much. I was about to cry lol thinking about the possibility that after almost a year of struggle it could all go to waste 
  • Tori_Scope
    Tori_Scope Scope Posts: 12,488 Disability Gamechanger
    I'm glad that Janer1967 and calcotti have been able to put your mind at ease a little @anxiousbird :) Congratulations on getting all of the information together and sent off, now time try and enjoy your Easter weekend. Fingers crossed. 
    National Campaigns Officer, she/her

Join our call for an equal future.

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.