Hi, my name is Gracie22! My ESA was due Thursday but hasn't been paid — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Hi, my name is Gracie22! My ESA was due Thursday but hasn't been paid

Options
Gracie22
Gracie22 Community member Posts: 5 Listener
Hi I was just wondering if you could help me. I lost pip In Jan 2021. Due to a telephone assessment was reinstated on Wednesday both enhanced. Was so happy as we have been being fed by the community kitchen where I live. Thursday due my esa no been paid does anyone know why this is as going a bit crazy really feel they are trying to torture me my mental health not good can anyone help me as c a b  closed till Tuesday and can't get it out of my head thanks

Comments

• Ross_Alumni
    Ross_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,652 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hello @Gracie22 and Happy Easter to you! :) 

Welcome to the community, I'm glad you've joined us, but I'm sorry to read you've had a stressful few days. 

Firstly, I'm delighted to hear your PIP was re-instated, that's really good news and I imagine you were happy to have that overturned.

I'm sorry to hear your ESA hasn't been paid as normal, it can be quite worrying when that regular payment doesn't happen so I understand why it has upset you, but I hope you have coping techniques in place to manage your mental health in the meantime. 

I'm sure they aren't trying to torture anybody, I would assume that since you've had no communication from them to explain why the payment didn't appear that it was just an error of sorts. Possibly impacted by the long Easter weekend. 

I'm sure that other members who have more in depth knowledge of the ins and outs of payments will be able to advise here too :) 
    Online Community Coordinator

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.

Did you receive a helpful reply to your discussion? Fill out our feedback form and let us know about it.
  • Gracie22
    Options
    Hi @Ross_Scope thanks for the message yeah you are right will have to wait till Tuesday. This has being going on since January. First with pip and now this. I do try to keep going but is getting harder 
  • Ross_Alumni
    Ross_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,652 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    I understand, it can be a very annoying process. Sometimes when you feel as though you've solved one problem another pops up, but I'm sure it will be fine for you :) Please try your best to relax this Easter weekend, and I'm sure the call on Tuesday will resolve this for you.
    Online Community Coordinator

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.

Did you receive a helpful reply to your discussion? Fill out our feedback form and let us know about it.
  • Gracie22
    Options
    Thanks for the chat  :)
  • chiarieds
    chiarieds Community member Posts: 16,103 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi @Gracie22 - & welcome to the community. Unfortunately we've had another member saying they didn't get a benefit payment on Thursday too. Calling on Tuesday morning they should be able to get your payment into your bank account the same day.
    Pleased to read about your PIP award. :)

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.