Face to face. — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Face to face.

jinnty
jinnty Community member Posts: 57 Courageous
edited April 2021 in PIP, DLA, and AA
Hello, I hope that this message finds you all safe and as well as you can be? I know that I’m probably overreacting, but is anyone else now getting worried about the face to face assessments starting back up? I’ve been reading on here about people who have their award for several more years, but they are getting called up now, and as silly as it is, I’m already starting to worry every time I hear the post coming through the door and seeing a brown envelope. I always have had help with filling my forms in, but now with this virus, I don’t know if they will still do it, and I think that is worrying me as well. Sorry for the long message. Take care and stay safe as you can. 

Comments

• janer1967
    janer1967 Community member Posts: 21,964 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi again 

F2f are indeed starting again but initially for those who are waiting for them because they were unable to make a decision based on the phone assessment or for those who were unable to have a phone assessment 

Reviews are taking place but they are still prioritising new claims and change of circumstances 

That is why so many have had their awards extended so they can get through all the backlogs 

However even if the award has been extended they can still review at any time 

When is your award due to end ? 
  • jinnty
    jinnty Community member Posts: 57 Courageous
    @janer1967
    i think it isn’t dues to 24, and I’m hoping that it goes to that, as I’m in Scotland, and our government is doing away with face to face, unless it is truly needs. But, even knowing it’s not until that date, is making me dread going to pick up the post if there is a brown envelope. Thank you for taking the time to reply. 
  • janer1967
    janer1967 Community member Posts: 21,964 Disability Gamechanger
    I understand that we all dread the brown envelopes but I think you can put it to the back if your mind fir a couple of years yet 
  • Ross_Alumni
    Ross_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,652 Disability Gamechanger
    edited April 2021
    I think going forward there will be the option of video assessments too, but it isn't clear yet for what reason a video assessment will be offered to someone, or if people can request one. 

I suppose it offers a nice middle ground between telephone and face to face.
    Online Community Coordinator

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.

Did you receive a helpful reply to your discussion? Fill out our feedback form and let us know about it.

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.