Clothes buying !! — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Clothes buying !!

Options
fluffycat
fluffycat Community member Posts: 233 Pioneering
Do you find it a minefield ?

Trying to navigate specifics with insufficient / missing information!

Sizing variation. 

Online filters don’t narrow down enough! 

When shops open up have to Wade through labels. (Did go to couple supermarkets and can be like jumble sale!!)

Comments

• Ross_Alumni
    Ross_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,652 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    As an individual with visual impairment, I find that descriptions of clothing online don't explain anywhere near enough. I have some useful vision, but not enough to properly make out how an item of clothing looks on somebody right down to the little bits like buttons. 
    Online Community Coordinator

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.

Did you receive a helpful reply to your discussion? Fill out our feedback form and let us know about it.
  • fluffycat
    Options
    As an individual with visual impairment, I find that descriptions of clothing online don't explain anywhere near enough. I have some useful vision, but not enough to properly make out how an item of clothing looks on somebody right down to the little bits like buttons. 
    must be a bind.
    they are missing sales as people turn away if can't get along with websites
  • Ross_Alumni
    Ross_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,652 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Certainly yeah, it only requires simple changes too.
    Online Community Coordinator

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.

Did you receive a helpful reply to your discussion? Fill out our feedback form and let us know about it.
  • Jean Eveleigh
    Jean Eveleigh Scope Member Posts: 185 Pioneering
    Options
    as a wheelchair user, I find buying instore can be difficult as most stores don't give enough aisle space so I am scared I will damage the clothing with my wheels or at least get them dirty as I wheel past, then the access to a changing room to try something on is a nightmare so I end up buying and taking home to try on then having to take back and exchange or get a refund again with the issues of having to pass clothing to get to the tills as they are almost never near the doors.

Buying online has the same issues with sizing but at least they expect you to try on when the clothing arrives and are more forgiving with the reasons allowed to send back for a refund or exchange.

• janer1967
    janer1967 Community member Posts: 21,964 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    @Jean Eveleigh

I an wheelchair user too and also partially sighted I find supermarkets better as they do have more space but they put the rails so high half if the time you cant reach them to even find your size 

Smaller shops tho right spaces have assistants usually that notice you and come to help 

I find Yours a really good shop for them helping 
  • fluffycat
    Options
    Should have personal shoppers under DDA (who don’t)

once, couldn’t manage steep height stair / steps and assistant brought selection of arty bits down which was great. (And surprised sooo helpful) Used to be in to stencilling with acrylics.

Brightness