Hi, my name is Georgi! — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Hi, my name is Georgi!

ReubensMummy27
ReubensMummy27 Community member Posts: 3 Listener
Hi, my name is Georgi and I am 24. I have an 18 month old son whose name is Reuben. At a year old he was diagnosed with cerebral palsy, craniosynostosis and bilateral polymicrogyria. We live in the East Midlands with Reubens father and we would love to meet friends of a similar age or similar conditions as Reuben. 

X
Georgi x

Comments

• chiarieds
    chiarieds Community member Posts: 16,007 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @ReubensMummy27 - welcome to the community & thank you for joining. We have several members with cerebral palsy, & some parents who have children with this, whom I hope you get to 'meet.' :)
  • Caz_Alumni
    Caz_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 621 Pioneering
    Hi @ReubensMummy27 - or should I say, Georgi!

Welcome to the community. It's great to have you with us :)

Thank you for telling us a little bit about yourself and your family - and I just wanted to say what a lovely name, Reuben!

So, based on what you've already posted, there's going to be lots for you to explore on the community! For example, you might want to have a look at our Parents and Carers page if you're interested in chatting to other families. In fact, I'm going to move your post straight over to that page now, so that it makes it easier for you to find and connect with other families.

Plus, last month was Cerebral Palsy Awareness Month and so there was lots going on around that quite recently as well - perhaps, have a look at the community's Cerebral Palsy pages for more info. Not only that, but I'm sure that our CP cerebral palsy information officer @Richard_Scope would be really happy to chat with you a bit more if you have any questions in particular that you would like to put to him. 

Lastly, if you just fancy a chat then you could pop into our Coffee Lounge and take some time to get to know some of our other members as well. 

That's a lot to take in, I know. So just give us a shout if you would like any help navigating the community or you have any questions for us at all

Hope you have a lovely bank holiday weekend - and I look forward to chatting with you again :)
    Online Community Coordinator (she/her)

Want to give us feedback? Complete our feedback form now.
  • ReubensMummy27
    @Caz_Scope thank you so much for moving it over to the parents and carers section. This forum is fab! And thank you for the insight, yes we celebrated CP month last month as well as rare disease day. We love to spread awareness! 
    Georgi x
  • Caz_Alumni
    Caz_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 621 Pioneering
    That's lovely of you to say @ReubensMummy27 - thank you so much for the positive comments :)

Looking forward to getting to know you a bit better and hearing a bit more about Reuben as well!
    Online Community Coordinator (she/her)

Want to give us feedback? Complete our feedback form now.
  • ReubensMummy27
    @Caz_Scope he’s amazing!
    Georgi x

Brightness