How was your Easter Sunday? — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

How was your Easter Sunday?

Options
Ross_Alumni
Ross_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,652 Disability Gamechanger
I had a lovely chocolate bunny which filled me right up, and I have a huge egg to be eaten at some point :) 

I decided to hide my partner's egg, just like we all used to do as kids, and it took her quite a while to find it :D 

• How many eggs did you get? And what kinds?
  • What did you get up to? 
  • Did you eat anything else yummy?
Online Community Coordinator

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.

Did you receive a helpful reply to your discussion? Fill out our feedback form and let us know about it.

Comments

• Oxonlady
    Oxonlady Scope Member Posts: 566 Pioneering
    Options
    Hi @Ross_Scope, sounds like you and your partner enjoyed Easter Sunday!

I'm a Greek Orthodox Christian and this year our Easter is not until 2nd of May!

In any case I've been in too much pain to enjoy this long weekend. Even as I'm typing, it's uncomfortable to be sitting up. I don't know where to put myself... Got my MRI Scan tomorrow, I'm hoping I'll find out if my spine has deteriorated... Been waiting for weeks for this scan, so I'm hoping I'll get there ok tomorrow...

Enjoy your Easter Monday. 
  • janer1967
    janer1967 Community member Posts: 21,964 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    @Oxonlady sorry you are in pain today and hope your scan goes OK and gives you some answers 

@Ross_Scope not a single egg in this house , my son not a choc lover si he had xbox gift card instead , family not visited as we been isolating 

So guess will be belated easter 

We had nice lunch and I made a choc brownie sundae so not all was lost 
  • Ross_Alumni
    Options
    Sorry to hear you aren't feeling too good @Oxonlady, I hope the scan goes well tomorrow.

Did your son get anything with his Xbox gift card @janer1967?

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.

Did you receive a helpful reply to your discussion? Fill out our feedback form and let us know about it.
  • janer1967
    janer1967 Community member Posts: 21,964 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    @Ross_Scope he got a game he been wanting , better than lots choc 
  • Ross_Alumni
    Options
    janer1967 said:
    @Ross_Scope he got a game he been wanting , better than lots choc 
    Awesome! I hope he enjoys that :) 

I've just finished my Easter egg as an after dinner snack, very yummy

• leeCal
    leeCal Community member Posts: 7,550 Disability Gamechanger
    edited April 2021
    Options
    My Easter Sunday was slllllooooowwwwww. However I watched 3:10 to Yuma which was good (the original version, interesting differences to the modern version.)

“This is my simple religion. No need for temples. No need for complicated philosophy. Your own mind, your own heart is the temple. Your philosophy is simple kindness.” 
    ― Dalai Lama XIV

• Ross_Alumni
    Options
    leeCal said:
    My Easter Sunday was slllllooooowwwwww. However I watched 3:10 to Yuma which was good (the original version, interesting differences to the modern version.)
    I've not seen either, though I know my brother is a big fan of the one with Christian Bale in.

• leeCal
    edited April 2021
    Options
    On reflection @Ross_Scope I think I prefer the one with Christian Bale and Russell Crowe in, the interplay is just more interesting. A good story really in a brief period where cowboy films delved  into the psychology behind the characters, a new take on an old theme at the time.

“This is my simple religion. No need for temples. No need for complicated philosophy. Your own mind, your own heart is the temple. Your philosophy is simple kindness.” 
    ― Dalai Lama XIV

• leeCal
    edited April 2021
    Options
    Almost forgot, the highlight of my viewing day was seeing the old film ‘the incredible shrinking man’ what a great story that is! Wonderful to see it again. ?

Thats a dolls house by the way!

― Dalai Lama XIV

• deb74
    deb74 Community member Posts: 814 Pioneering
    Options
    I spent yesterday afternoon at my parents house. We usually have a big family meal but obviously because of the restrictions it didn't happen.

Brightness