Pip descriptor points. Should I let DWP they've overlooked relevant descriptors, or just leave it? — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Pip descriptor points. Should I let DWP they've overlooked relevant descriptors, or just leave it?

Options
jl11972
jl11972 Community member Posts: 9 Listener
edited April 2021 in PIP, DLA, and AA
Should points for pip be correctly awarded relating to relevant difficulties or should I just ' leave it at that' as suggested by another member, or should I let DWP know they have overlooked relevant descriptors?

Comments

• janer1967
    janer1967 Community member Posts: 21,964 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi 

The only way dwp will look at it is if you put in a MR then the whole award will be looked at again 

So you could explain in the mr what you think is wrong but risk the award being changed tho in most cases there is no change 

I would get expert advice before doing anything 
  • jl11972
    jl11972 Community member Posts: 9 Listener
    Options
    Sadly @janer1967 there is no need for this person @Username_removed to be rude and call me daft. I was only asking for advice. I thought that's what forum were for to ask questions about things that aren't easily understood which pip isn't 
  • Ross_Alumni
    Ross_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,652 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi @jl11972

I hope you are well this evening. 

I'm sorry that you don't like the response given from Mike, however I don't think he was calling you daft, not at all, but I see why you might feel that way. Mike was just pointing out that there is a more detailed description of your issue in your other thread, detail which is often valuable in enabling users to answer your question. 

I think it also helps you too that you don't need to repeat the same information twice, once in the other thread and then again in this one if people ask questions to ascertain additional information about your situation.

I hope you have found some of the responses from users on the community helpful, but you can always feel free to ask further questions if there's anything else you need to know. Alternatively, as suggested above, you might wish to seek further support from places like Advice Local, or Welfare Rights.
    Online Community Coordinator

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.

Did you receive a helpful reply to your discussion? Fill out our feedback form and let us know about it.

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.