New pip claim. What does this text mean? — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

New pip claim. What does this text mean?

rach21
rach21 Community member Posts: 12 Listener
edited April 2021 in PIP, DLA, and AA
What does it mean when you receive a txt saying Thanks for sending us your 'How your disability affects you' form. We may need you to attend a consultation with a health professional before we make our decision. We'll contact you again if we do. Please call us if any of the details you gave us have changed.please??? 

Comments

• chiarieds
    chiarieds Community member Posts: 16,007 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @rach21 - & welcome to the community. The text is just a standard one indicating they've received your completed PIP form. An assessment will follow for most people. Currently these are done by telephone, unless they feel they would need to see you for a face to face assessment. As mentioned, they will contact you to arrange an assessment (but this could be in several months time, tho the wait varies). I hope this helps. :)
  • janer1967
    janer1967 Community member Posts: 21,964 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi and welcome 

As above nothing to worry about this is just standard process 
  • Ross_Alumni
    Ross_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,652 Disability Gamechanger
    Hello @rach21

Welcome to the community, how are you? 

As above, that is quite standard, hopefully it won't be too long before you hear back from them.
    Online Community Coordinator

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.

Did you receive a helpful reply to your discussion? Fill out our feedback form and let us know about it.
  • rach21
    Thank you ?  so doesn't actually mean I after to go on assessment  does it ? Thank you peeps for getting back to me 
  • janer1967
    janer1967 Community member Posts: 21,964 Disability Gamechanger
    Majority of people have an assessment most are currently phone assessments though f2f are starting up again 

A few people have a paper based assessment based on evidence sent 

Unless extreme circumstances expect an assessment 
  • rach21
    Thanks for maken time for me you lovely lot 
  • chiarieds
    chiarieds Community member Posts: 16,007 Disability Gamechanger
    hI @rach21 - after completing & sending back your review form, the likelihood is you will have an assessment, as mentioned above. :)
  • Caz_Alumni
    Caz_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 621 Pioneering
    Hi @rach21 :)

Just wanted to stop by, say hi and add my welcome to the community!

Glad that our members were able to help with your query and your first post.

As they've said as well, the likelihood is that you will have an assessment at some stage. So, do please do give us a shout if you have any more questions about that later on down the line.
    Online Community Coordinator (she/her)

Want to give us feedback? Complete our feedback form now.
  • rach21
    Thank you caz and thanks for having me lovelys ?

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.