I've been sent a review form, but my PIP was extended to 2022. I can't get through to them by phone — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

I've been sent a review form, but my PIP was extended to 2022. I can't get through to them by phone

gerrys6
gerrys6 Community member Posts: 176 Courageous
edited April 2021 in PIP, DLA, and AA
A few months ago I received a letter telling me they extended my pip review date to 2022 and now I’ve received my pip review form already and it’s impossible to get through on the phone ! 

Comments

• chiarieds
    chiarieds Community member Posts: 16,098 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @gerrys6 - this does happen. Altho many PIP claims have been extended, you can still receive a review form at any time, so unfortunately you do need to complete & return this. Give as much detail as you did with your initial claim, adding extra sheets of paper at the end with your name & National Insurance number on each page.
  • janer1967
    janer1967 Community member Posts: 21,964 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi and welcome 

That is happening to lots 8f people 

The extension was due to covid but they are starting to catch up now so reviews are taking place 

You need to fill in the forms and send off 
  • gerrys6
    The only good thing is that when you ring to query it there’s an automated message telling you that you now have three months from the date at the top of the letter to send it in. 
  • wilko
    wilko Community member Posts: 2,458 Disability Gamechanger
    @gerrys6, hello treat your review like a new claim and sent as much information you have that’s up to date, a dairy of what happens when you try or attempt each descriptor. Giving good reasons why you are unable to complete the activities without help or assistance if needed or required.
  • gerrys6
    Thank god I’ve still got two months to fill it in I dread these forms and find it so hard to fill it in. 
  • Tori_Scope
    Tori_Scope Scope Posts: 12,491 Disability Gamechanger
    Please do feel free to ask if you have any further questions once you've started completing the form @gerrys6. Many people find the PIP forms daunting, so you're certainly not alone. Is there anything about it you find particularly difficult? 
    National Campaigns Officer, she/her

Check out our Playground Accessibility Map

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.