Hi, my name is kiz! I have bad back pain, and they don't know what causes it. Any advice? — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Hi, my name is kiz! I have bad back pain, and they don't know what causes it. Any advice?

kiz
kiz Community member Posts: 1 Listener
I am 42 yrs old I have suffered with back pain for years.  My pain is worse on a night the second part of the night when i have been laid on it a few hours.  If i lay on one side i feel pain and pressure on my spine then again if i turn on the other side the same feeling.  To get comfortable i will go on my back but then wake up in a lot of pain from my neck i have to hold on to me head to move my neck slowly its that painful.  Once i have moved it the bad pain goes. I spend the second half go the night in-between sleep because of the pain.  During the day i suffer with my back but i can handle it. i am very stiff in the mornings but once i get moving although i can feel my back hurting i can cope.  I have had an MRI and blood tests ...the only thing they say on the MRI is wear and tear and blood tests are all good.  I just can't believe they can't find anything when i am in so much pain.  I want to ask for a second a pinion or maybe other tests they can do but i am not sure what else can be done.  Id anyone could offer some advice i would greatly appreciate it.  Thank you

Comments

• janer1967
    janer1967 Community member Posts: 21,964 Disability Gamechanger
    Hu and welcome. 

Sorry to hear about your pain I would consult a chiropractor the one I saw was a miracle worker.  I had to pay but was worth every penny 

Hope you get something sorted 
  • Tori_Scope
    Tori_Scope Scope Posts: 12,488 Disability Gamechanger
    edited April 2021
    Welcome to the community @kiz :) I'm also sorry to hear that you're in so much pain. 

How is your pain being managed at the moment? Are you on any medication? Have you seen a physiotherapist? 

Just to let you know, I've moved your post into our category about dealing with chronic pain, and I've renamed your post slightly to make it clearer what the post is about. 
    National Campaigns Officer, she/her

Join our call for an equal future.

Brightness