Pip dismissed — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Pip dismissed

Options
Riderj69
Riderj69 Community member Posts: 1 Listener
edited April 2021 in PIP, DLA, and AA
Hi there my name is Jackie I asked pip for a review back in October 2020 and have just received a letter from them to say they have taken me off pip after being on pip and dla before that I asked for a review as I have only ever received standered rate of daily living part of pip and nothing else, I have bipolar which has got a lot worse and cannot achieve any of the questions that I was asked I'm my telephone assessment but on the letter I have received today is saying different and have scored no points which has lead to my pip being terminated they also done this to me in 2019 which I appealed and won I don't know what to do from here as this is totally wrong? 

Comments

• janer1967
    janer1967 Community member Posts: 21,964 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi there 

I'm sorry to hear about your PIP being stopped it isn't advisable to report a change unless you have had expert advice 

However that is a bit late now . All you can do is put in a MR for it to be looked at again. 

Success at mr is quite low but going to tribunal has a better success rate 

Now is the time to get expert advice suggest you conract welfare rights 
  • wilko
    wilko Community member Posts: 2,458 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    @Riderj69, hello and welcome, while you where claiming DLA the criteria for claiming are totally different than those used to claim PIP.  As you know PIP is award on how you cope, manage the PIP descriptors repeatedly, safely and ins timely manner for 50% of your daily life. It is not award on a disability, diagnosis or the amount of prescription medications you are taking. Have you taken a self test for PIP to see how you would fair. Should you take a self test be totally honest with your self because any answers you submit with your application form will have to be justified at your face to face or phone, video assessment. Knowing what your abilities are in relation to the PIP activities/ descriptors will allow you to come to conclusion to either continue with your application for PIP or realises that you don not qualify for the benefit.
  • bobby123
    bobby123 Community member Posts: 188 Courageous
    Options
    I'm in the same boat, I get standard daily living on 11 points and have recently been diagnosed with Crohn's disease which could give me another two points, but don't want to send in the information incase I lose it all

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.