How long until award letter arrives after backpayment? — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

How long until award letter arrives after backpayment?

nddlb
nddlb Community member Posts: 6 Listener
Hi, I applied for P.I.P for the first time back in December, and had my assessment last month. Yesterday I woke up and they had put £1299 backpay into my account so I have obviously been awarded something, but I need the letter to apply for my bus pass, and I really want to know exactly what I'll be getting each month. So does anyone know how long after receiving the backpayment I'll get my award letter?

Comments

• janer1967
    janer1967 Community member Posts: 21,964 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi and welcome 

Congratulations on the award 

The letter should be on its way if you have had payment already this does happen quite a lot 

• Anomalous123
    Anomalous123 Community member Posts: 21 Connected
    Can I ask how long it took for your back payment to come through? I'm still waiting on line but had the award letter. It has no date on it to when it will be paid.
  • cupcake88
    cupcake88 Posts: 1,273 Pioneering
    Congrats on the award that’s amazing with my self I got my back pay way before my report and letter my Bach pay came like Two weeks after my assessment well just under and my letter came like a couple weeks after and my report took ages to come . But it depends on areas and post my post is pretty slow . 
  • nddlb
    Can I ask how long it took for your back payment to come through? I'm still waiting on line but had the award letter. It has no date on it to when it will be paid.
    I got it 2 and a half weeks after my assessment! But now recieved my letter and it had the date I was getting it on it 
  • nddlb
    cupcake88 said:
    Congrats on the award that’s amazing with my self I got my back pay way before my report and letter my Bach pay came like Two weeks after my assessment well just under and my letter came like a couple weeks after and my report took ages to come . But it depends on areas and post my post is pretty slow . 
    Thank you! Recieved my letter yesterday and been awarded enhanced daily living!
  • janer1967
    janer1967 Community member Posts: 21,964 Disability Gamechanger
    Great news @nddlb and thanks for sharing 
  • chiarieds
    chiarieds Community member Posts: 16,007 Disability Gamechanger
    Very pleased to read your news @nddlb - congratulations. :)
  • Anomalous123
    Anomalous123 Community member Posts: 21 Connected
    nddlb said:
    I got it 2 and a half weeks after my assessment! But now recieved my letter and it had the date I was getting it on it 
    Thank you for the information. I'm coming up to day 12 but with easter, you can never know with these things. I live in Leicestershire and there jas been loads of investigations into DWP at the minute as well as the virus, so I'm not optimistic in receiving it any time soon.

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.