Hi, I'm Cabman12345. I'm confused about the planning a journey PIP activity. — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Hi, I'm Cabman12345. I'm confused about the planning a journey PIP activity.

Options
Cabman12345
Cabman12345 Community member Posts: 1 Listener
edited April 2021 in PIP, DLA, and AA
I’ve had my pip assessment last month before they started the assessment the man said to me don’t worry we are not here to catch you out we are here to help you with your needs 40 minutes later and a week later I got my result standard care component standard mobility. From the last 3 years my Health as got worse . I used to have enhanced rate on both components. He said in hes letter when I stood up he never heard me wheeze he gave me 10pts for moving about and 0 points for for the other component. Planning a journey? Iam confused .

Comments

• janer1967
    janer1967 Community member Posts: 21,964 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi and welcome 

Have you had the decision from the dwp or just the assessment report? As that is very quick to get a decision  

Each assessment is like a new application starting from scratch and not based on previous awards 

If you have had the final decision all you can do is submit a mandatory reconsideration and have the decision looked at again , the success rate isn't that high but some are 

If you need any further advice just ask 

If you are going to appeal the decision  I suggest you get some expert help you could contact welfare rights 
  • chiarieds
    chiarieds Community member Posts: 16,103 Disability Gamechanger
    edited April 2021
    Options
    Hi @Cabman12345 - & welcome to the community. I'm sorry your PIP award (if you have received your decision letter) wasn't as expected. As mentioned above, you can ask for a Mandatory Reconsideration, which means another decision maker will look at all the evidence you sent & your review form. Sometimes people don't complete such forms with as much detail as their initial PIP claim form, so there isn't as much evidence as to how their disability affects their function for any activities/descriptors that apply.
    The 'Moving Around' descriptor is looking at any difficulties you have with your physical ability in standing & moving, whereas the 'Planning a journey' activity is not looking at any physical difficulties a person might have as this is covered in the 'Moving Around' activity, but rather if someone has a cognitive impairment, learning disability, or mental health issues & needs prompting to go on a journey because of overwhelming psychological distress, or can't undertake a journey because of this for example.
    I hope that explains a little, & please say if you have any further questions. :)
  • Cher_Alumni
    Cher_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 5,741 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi @Cabman12345 and a warm welcome from me.

I hope the above replies have clarified your question and please do ask away if there's anything you're still unsure of.

Just for your info - I've tweaked your post title to expand on what your question is, so others with a similar query can spot it.  I've also removed your full name to protect your identity - please visit our community guidelines for more details about this. Lastly, I've moved your post to our PIP, DLA and AA category too!

Please let us know how you get on and good luck with your mandatory reconsideration if you decide to pursue it.
    Online Community Co-ordinator

Want to tell us about your experience on the online community?  Talk to our chatbot and let us know.

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.