Morning — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Morning

Ibelive2020
Ibelive2020 Community member Posts: 799 Pioneering
Morning everyone ?

Comments

• 66Mustang
    66Mustang Community member Posts: 13,367 Disability Gamechanger
    Good morning, how are you? :)
  • Oxonlady
    Oxonlady Scope Member Posts: 566 Pioneering
    Hi @Ibelive2020, how are you feeling?

I was in hospital for five days last week and I'm still not well and the pain is bad. Just spoke to my GP, he's going to contact the hospital but I doubt they'll do anything...
    Sorry, I don't mean to moan, I know you've got your own problems. It's just that I've had such a bad night. 

Wishing you a good day. 
  • Ibelive2020
    @66Mustang and @Oxonlady im struggiling today with my anxiety etc it so hard hope you get well soon @Oxonlady im in pain 2 xx
  • janer1967
    janer1967 Community member Posts: 21,964 Disability Gamechanger
    Good morning lovely people 

Sorry you are both not doing well @Ibelive2020 and @Oxonlady hope the day gets better for you 
  • Ibelive2020
    @janer1967 im ők some days with my anxiety and pain then the next it feels like its cooking me today is a bad day im just worrying about everything im very teary tóo i have Been put on new painkillers which i have nőt had before they are called gabapentin im also on dihydocodiene some days im okon them some days they dönt work i have just Been diagnosed with a severe case of osterarthiritis dócs cant understand why i have this as im only 40 
  • Ibelive2020
    Choking me i mean 
  • janer1967
    janer1967 Community member Posts: 21,964 Disability Gamechanger
    @Ibelive2020 it can take a while to get used to new medication 

We all have good days and bad and don't be hard on yourself getting your head round a new diagnosis can be hard 

Have a chill day a nice bubble bath relaxing music I know that's not easy with your kids around just get a duvet on the sofa 
  • chiarieds
    chiarieds Community member Posts: 16,007 Disability Gamechanger
    Morning everyone. I know how you feel @Ibelive2020 - my GP believed I had osteoarthrosis, but not my rheumatologist. She reluctantly offered me a scan, & asked if I would come back & see her, I said I'd have the scan but didn't want to see her again as she didn't believe me. The scan showed most of my joints were affected. I was 40, but felt I'd had problems for several years already.
    @Oxonlady I'm sorry you're still in so much pain, & do hope your GP finds out more from the hospital, & remains supportive, You've suffered so much pain for so long, & it can certainly drag you down. Here's hoping you both feel better asap. Hugs to you both, xx
  • Oxonlady
    Hi @Ibelive2020, have you seen a rheumatologist? They can do more tests to confirm your diagnosis.
    I'm so sorry to hear that your anxiety is high today. 
    Have you ever been offered CBT? It teaches you how best to cope with anxiety and other problems.
    Meanwhile, as @janer1967 suggested, take it easy and rest.

Thank you @janer1967, pain becomes a problem when it's severe and persistent and you don't know what's going to happen next. I'm trying to stay positive. I hope you are ok. 
  • Oxonlady
    Thank you @chiarieds. I've been told that part of my hip bone has died. I'm on strong pain killers and antibiotics but I'm still in pain. I don't know what needs to happen next, I really don't want surgery.

I hope your pain is under control?

• 66Mustang
    66Mustang Community member Posts: 13,367 Disability Gamechanger
    Sorry everyone to hear you are struggling. :(

I really hope you feel better soon.
  • Ibelive2020
    @janer1967 my kids are at school apart from my oldest child hé goes back tomorrow it teacher inset day im just trying tóo keep busy gutted whole house lol 
  • Ibelive2020
    @chiarieds i have Been in pain for years i have had x rays at the hospitál which confirmed i have osterarthiritis im now waiting on a letter for MRI scan and @oxonlady which painkillers áré you on? I do hope you get well soon im also on ceblerex aslong with my other meds today it feels like im floating @66Mustang thank you xxx
  • chiarieds
    chiarieds Community member Posts: 16,007 Disability Gamechanger
    Now I know why you're in so much pain @Oxonlady - I only ever came across one lady with this (I believe it's avascular necrosis/osteonecrosis)  & all I can remember was that she had severe pain. Have you been offered physio as it may help?
    I have a bit of a daily fight with my pain, the neuropathic pain being the worst, so I have burning pain the moment I'm upright, but refuse to lie down all day instead.
  • Oxonlady
    Hi @chiarieds, yes it is avascular necrosis and I have no idea what treatment there is, apart from joint replacement. My knee and shoulder are affected, as well as the hip.

@Ibelive2020, I'm on high doses of Diclofenac and Nefopam. I'm allergic to morphine, Paracetamol, codeine and a lot of other meds. 
  • Oxonlady
    @chiarieds, I can't put any weight on my leg, I can barely stand, so physio isn't safe at the moment.
    I've also got neuropathic pain from my damaged spine... I'm still hoping for a miracle! 
  • Ibelive2020
    @oxonlady im on gabapentin dihydrocodeine alsó celecoxib lansoprazole and invité D3 plus paracetamol if and when needed so yep im like a walking chemist 
  • Ibelive2020
    Invita D3 i mean 
  • Cressida
    Cressida Community member Posts: 1,014 Pioneering
    @Oxonlady sorry to hear about your pain. I cannot begin to imagine what that is like. The fact that you have been an in-patient for 5 days says it all. Constant pain is so depressing, once you go right down it's hard to get back out of it. I have RA and OA which (touch wood) has been quite well controlled since I started dual-therapy but I know when the pain gets bad for several days in a row it feels like I have been in pain forever. This forum is a good way to put your own problems in perspective. Sorry to anyone who is suffering at the moment. 
  • Oxonlady
    Thank you, @Cressida. Unfortunately I'm going to end up in hospital again, I can barely move. My GP told me that he's going to contact the hospital because I'm barely functioning. I have other chronic conditions and everything has gone downhill. It's rather scary but I'm trying not to go to pieces. My faith keeps me going...

Brightness