Been in a group of people — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Been in a group of people

foodie
foodie Community member Posts: 163 Courageous
One of my main problems is been able to take part in group discussions I'm so used to of doing things my own way I find it impossible to take part in any group discussions I feel like I'm not part of it or my points are useless or they might laugh at what I have to say I going to counselling but I need to change or I may lose friends I've made or got 

Comments

• foodie
    I try and take part in group discussionsit but I feel like they don't want me in it that's what I think 
  • Welshjayne2021
    Welshjayne2021 Community member Posts: 85 Courageous
    Please join in discussions. You are entitled to say what you think.  Not everyone in the world agrees on points of view, ideas, strategies etc.  Don’t be worried about making an input, after all that’s what makes a discussion.  I am often told that I am too radical, or can come over as a tad insensitive, but it’s just how I see it.  So please, be yourself and have a go.  No one can say that your view is invalid, just remember you can’t please everyone, all of the time.
  • Pixie51
    Pixie51 Community member Posts: 70 Courageous
    edited April 2021
    Hi there, it can be so hard when you feel that way to pluck up courage to join in discussions but in my humble opinion anyone who laughs at someones opinion isnt worth worrying about. Anything you have to say is absolutely valid and I for one would love to hear your thoughts, ideas, anything really! 
    Pix x
    Yoga heals the soul ??
  • Lisatho11987777
    Lisatho11987777 Scope Member Posts: 5,911 Disability Gamechanger
    Any one should join in any discussion  we all have different opinions people don't always agree with what other people say at the end of the day everyone is entitled to an opinion  whoever that person is 
  • Ross_Alumni
    Ross_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,652 Disability Gamechanger
    The replies here demonstrate the welcoming nature of our members, so please rest assured @foodie that you are always welcome to get involved here.
    Online Community Coordinator

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.

Did you receive a helpful reply to your discussion? Fill out our feedback form and let us know about it.
  • janer1967
    janer1967 Community member Posts: 21,964 Disability Gamechanger
    @foodie are you referring to group chat on here or actually in a group of people face to face 

You do join in here on discussions which is great and will build your confidence to do it socially too 

Everybody's opinion should count we may not agree with them but each and everyone of us have our own opinions and if we stay respectful of others that is key 
  • foodie
    I just lack confedence I'm hoping to join disabled clubs soon which will be a big change of anyone is nasty on here do.I tell someone 
  • janer1967
    janer1967 Community member Posts: 21,964 Disability Gamechanger
    @foodie if somebody is disrespectful or doesn't follow the community guidelines you can flag the post 

Just use the flag button under that post and you then select to report and you can then put your reasons why you are reporting it

Admin will then see the report and take any required action 

Brightness