Abstinence? 0 to 100%? — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Abstinence? 0 to 100%?

fluffycat
fluffycat Community member Posts: 233 Pioneering
edited April 2021 in Coffee lounge
Do you abstain from naughty food 100% or other method? Chocolate / Cake etc.)

Are cravings worse or lose the taste? 

Easy to get drawn back in and become a regular consumption again? 

Difficult quandary ???? 

Can only spend the calories once !!

Tagged:

Comments

• Ross_Alumni
    Ross_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,652 Disability Gamechanger
    I find it easy to get drawn back in when my partner points out a sale on a particularly yummy snack.
    Online Community Coordinator

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.

Did you receive a helpful reply to your discussion? Fill out our feedback form and let us know about it.
  • 66Mustang
    66Mustang Community member Posts: 13,368 Disability Gamechanger
    I'm not really into foods like chocolate, sweets and cake so I can quite easily not eat them. My '"naughty" foods are things like cheese and nuts. Personally I just have them occasionally and go most days without having any. Another option is to have a small portion every day but that does not work for me so I have a decent sized portion, but occasionally!
  • Tori_Scope
    Tori_Scope Scope Posts: 12,488 Disability Gamechanger
    Crisps are my vice. I sometime find going 'cold turkey' and not eating any for a while makes me appreciate them more when I do start eating them again, which means that I don't usually have as many. I think sometimes I just get into the habit of eating them for the sake of it, so cutting back helps me to enjoy them more as well as eat less of them. 
    National Campaigns Officer, she/her

Join our call for an equal future.
  • leeCal
    leeCal Community member Posts: 7,550 Disability Gamechanger
    Chocolate digestives, my Achilles heel, every now and then I start buying them and then I have to go cold turkey all over again. It’s my rocky road to ruin, how I wish they’d never been invented or...I had more self control. ?

“This is my simple religion. No need for temples. No need for complicated philosophy. Your own mind, your own heart is the temple. Your philosophy is simple kindness.” 
    ― Dalai Lama XIV

• woodbine
    woodbine Community member Posts: 11,521 Disability Gamechanger
    Love chocolate/cakes/deserts, not good for a diabetic, but can never resist, I did stay off them all for three years when I was first diagnosed.
    2024 The year of the general election...the time for change is coming 💡

• Lisatho11987777
    Lisatho11987777 Scope Member Posts: 5,911 Disability Gamechanger
    The only time I want anything realy bad is when I am told I can't have it lol ?
  • woodbine
    woodbine Community member Posts: 11,521 Disability Gamechanger
    The only time I want anything realy bad is when I am told I can't have it lol ?
    That would be 99% of the time for me then  >:)
    2024 The year of the general election...the time for change is coming 💡

• Caz_Alumni
    Caz_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 621 Pioneering
    A little of what you fancy does you good!

That's my motto and I'm sticking to it :)
    Online Community Coordinator (she/her)

Want to give us feedback? Complete our feedback form now.
  • Ayoung1979
    Ayoung1979 Community member Posts: 44 Courageous
    I cant have unhealthy foods because I have diabetes, but I might cheat every once in a while. You have to treat yourself every now and then
  • fluffycat
    fluffycat Community member Posts: 233 Pioneering
    I cant have unhealthy foods because I have diabetes, but I might cheat every once in a while. You have to treat yourself every now and then
    Yes, wld be boring else.

only had ‘one’ slice carrot cake in fortnight (alongside free coffee with loyalty pts) and No chocolate (did appreciate cake) 
    seems longer I go without less get drawn back! 

Brightness