My PIP claim has restarted. Do I need to reapply to ESA for the extra you get for mobility payments? — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

My PIP claim has restarted. Do I need to reapply to ESA for the extra you get for mobility payments?

dve24
dve24 Community member Posts: 11 Connected
edited April 2021 in PIP, DLA, and AA
hello I had my pip stopped and was claiming esa with extra for mobility ect I've just had my claim restarted do I need to re apply to esa again for the extra you get for extra mobility payments? 

Comments

• calcotti
    calcotti Community member Posts: 10,010 Disability Gamechanger
    ESA doesn't have any mobility payments. Are you referring to the Severe Disability Premium? If so then yes you will need to ask ESA to include it again.
    Information I post is for England unless otherwise stated. Rules may be different in other parts of UK.
  • dve24
    dve24 Community member Posts: 11 Connected
    on my esa i got extra for mobility and living elements on top of pip? I'm a bit confused as too whether i need to contact esa as the extra payments stopped after my pip got stopped but yesterday it got reinstated after MR i thought the esa payments would automatically go back to where there were before my pip was stopped?
  • calcotti
    calcotti Community member Posts: 10,010 Disability Gamechanger
    dve24 said:
    on my esa i got extra for mobility and living elements on top of pip? I'm a bit confused as too whether i need to contact esa as the extra payments stopped after my pip got stopped but yesterday it got reinstated after MR i thought the esa payments would automatically go back to where there were before my pip was stopped?
    As previously advised ESA does not have mobility and living elements. If you live alone and nobody gets Carer's Allowance for looking after you then you may have been getting the Severe Disability Premium. If so, as previously advised, you will need to contact ESA to get this reinstated.
    Information I post is for England unless otherwise stated. Rules may be different in other parts of UK.

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.