PIP virtual tribunal — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

PIP virtual tribunal

della21
della21 Community member Posts: 2 Listener
edited April 2021 in PIP, DLA, and AA
Hi I have a pip tribunal tomorrow morning, I'm petrified first tribunal, i was awarded standard for both elements of pip. However i appealed for enhanced on both elements, I was diagnosed with cancer 2 years ago unfortunately chemo caused me to have neuropathy in my hands and feet and fatigue. I've also got anxiety and depression from the changes I've experienced from the chemo. Ive sent off evidence, doctors notes and a letter from my mum who helps me. I just wanted to know what to expect and if there's any tips  

Comments

• janer1967
    janer1967 Community member Posts: 21,964 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi there 

Prepare by reading through your bundle and look at why dwp didn't award 

The panel will ask you questions around the descriptors try and give real examples of what happens when you try and do the tasks and the consequences 

The proceedings are quite informal 

Make sure your device is charged you can hear , you should get call from the clerk first to explain 

Good luck let us know how you get on 
  • chiarieds
    chiarieds Community member Posts: 16,007 Disability Gamechanger
    Hoping all goes well today @della21 :)
  • Cher_Alumni
    Cher_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 5,741 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @della21 and a warm welcome to our community.

We've got everything crossed for you this morning.  Please let us know how you get on.  Good luck! 
    Online Community Co-ordinator

Want to tell us about your experience on the online community?  Talk to our chatbot and let us know.

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.
  • janer1967
    How did it go? 
  • Caz_Alumni
    Caz_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 621 Pioneering
    edited April 2021
    Hi @della21 :)

Just wanted to stop by and see how you got on at your tribunal the other day? I know that you said you were feeling quite apprehensive the last time you visited us on the community. 

They do say that no news is good news, so hopefully that means it might have been a positive outcome for you? But if that's not the case, then I hope you know that we're still here to provide you with any additional advice and support that you might need as well. 

You take care and we hope to see you again soon :)
    Online Community Coordinator (she/her)

Want to give us feedback? Complete our feedback form now.
  • della21
    della21 Community member Posts: 2 Listener
    Hiya It went really well I've been Awarded enhanced for DLA element of the pip and standard for Mobility. Thank you all so much for the advice, it is much appreciated. :)  
  • janer1967
    Great news thanks for sharing 
  • chiarieds
    chiarieds Community member Posts: 16,007 Disability Gamechanger
    Very pleased to read your good news @della21 :)

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.