So anxious. Has anyone got a good PIP phone assessment experience? — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

So anxious. Has anyone got a good PIP phone assessment experience?

Options
kelly2021
kelly2021 Community member Posts: 12 Listener
edited April 2021 in PIP, DLA, and AA
Hello everybody,

I just need a little bit of reassurance please. I had my PIP telephone assessment yesterday and she seemed nice (but I've seen loads of people say that but then they have lied on the report)
I've literally been worrying since the assessment if I gave enough information or even if I'm going to get a award. I have a heart condition, epilepsy, asthma and anxiety and struggle on a daily basis. But I told her that I don't need help to get in the bath, just use the rails thats already on there and told her that I get really breathless so ill rest in the bath.
I've told her also that I don't get changed most of the time because its just too much energy and I get breathless. I also said I have to set reminders to remind to take medication and that I don't need help getting my meds out, I'm really worried I'm going to get no scores at all. Has anybody got any good pip phone assessment experiences?
Thank you 

Comments

• janer1967
    janer1967 Community member Posts: 21,964 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi there 

You are no different to others everyone thinks of things they should or shouldn't have said 

The points you make are just a small part of the whole thing 

You can ring dwp 7 days after your assessment and request a copy of the report 

It isn't the decision but will show recommendations 

Come back and let us know how you get on 
  • chiarieds
    chiarieds Community member Posts: 16,103 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi @kelly2021 - & welcome to the community. Just to reassure you, the number of people successfully getting a PIP award has actually increased with telephone assessments. Yes, we do hear about some people saying that the assessor has lied, but in reality they just write down their opinion of what they feel. There's no point worrying now, tho I know that can be hard not to do. As Jane mentions, you can ring the DWP in about a week's time to ask for a copy of the assessor's report. If you decide to do this & have any questions, please let us know. Hoping all goes well. :)
  • kelly2021
    kelly2021 Community member Posts: 12 Listener
    Options
    @janer1967 and @chiarieds
    Thank you, both of you, for replying to me.
    Thats reassuring to know and I will ring them up in a weeks time and see if they can send me the report out. Fingers crossed! I think she could tell i was struggling and she kept asking if I was okay and at the end of phone call she said I can go and rest now. Here's to hoping she can see how much I struggle.
    I will keep you all updated.
  • chiarieds
    chiarieds Community member Posts: 16,103 Disability Gamechanger
    Options

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.