Reading Descriptor — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Reading Descriptor

Options
Justcheckingin15
Justcheckingin15 Community member Posts: 370 Pioneering
Hi folks..Just wondering if any of you..or your Partners where awarded 'any' points for 'Reading'..Descriptor? Thank you

Comments

• janer1967
    janer1967 Community member Posts: 21,964 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi there 

Yes I got awarded as I am significantly vision impaired and unable to read without the use of aids I can't remember how many points 

I think it is also for those with learning difficulties but not 100% on that if what other things would score points 
  • Justcheckingin15
    Options
    Thank you for your reply...Janer1967
  • cupcake88
    cupcake88 Posts: 1,286 Pioneering
    Options
    Hi there I didn’t get any thing for reading as they said in the report I can read text messages reminders to do with my meds and from my partner so I scored 0 on that one hope that helps 
  • Justcheckingin15
    Options
    Hi mikehughesca...My Partner has a reading difficulty...for example..He would be unable to read important info..like regarding Medicine..side effects etc..also real difficulty spelling.. writing...He has hid this from Family also...and suffers anxiety over the years ..as a result.

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.