Assistive technology and hearing loss webinar - 29 April 2021 — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Assistive technology and hearing loss webinar - 29 April 2021

Cher_Alumni
Cher_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 5,741 Disability Gamechanger

Disability Rights UK are hosting the above event on 29 April 2021 at 11.30 am.

The event will involve:
Luke Nadin ... tak[ing] us through some of the products and devices that are available so that people with hearing loss can enjoy equal access to services and not face barriers to employment or education.

To join in and attend, register for the event using this Zoom link

Online Community Co-ordinator

Want to tell us about your experience on the online community?  Talk to our chatbot and let us know.

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.

Comments

• Ami2301
    Ami2301 Community member Posts: 7,942 Disability Gamechanger
    Really tempted to register for this!
    Disability Gamechanger - 2019
  • Tori_Scope
    Tori_Scope Scope Posts: 12,491 Disability Gamechanger
    Go for it @Ami2301- it looks like it could be really useful! 
    National Campaigns Officer, she/her

Check out our Playground Accessibility Map
  • Ami2301
    I've never attended a webinar before, always thought they wouldn't be accessible for me due to my hearing loss and central vision loss, plus it takes a while for information to process and need to take my time.
  • Tori_Scope
    Tori_Scope Scope Posts: 12,491 Disability Gamechanger
    I'd be surprised (and disappointed!) if the webinar wasn't accessible @Ami2301, especially considering the subject of the webinar. I believe that closed captions can be enabled on Zoom meetings- would those help at all? 

Another idea could be to ask if there's a presentation or document that will be used during the meeting, as they may be able to send this out to you prior to the webinar. This is standard practice in many organisations now, which is good.

You could also ask whether notes could be sent out after the meeting, containing the key information that was covered, which would then allow you some more time to process the information. They may then be able to answer any questions you think of after the webinar has ended. 
    National Campaigns Officer, she/her

Check out our Playground Accessibility Map
  • Ami2301
    Thank you @Tori_Scope I will register and email them, fingers crossed! :)
  • Caz_Alumni
    Caz_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 621 Pioneering
    This looks like an interesting webinar. Thanks for flagging it up @Tori_Scope
    Online Community Coordinator (she/her)

Want to give us feedback? Complete our feedback form now.

Brightness

Disclaimer

Our website contains links to third parties’ websites for your information only.

We have no control over the content of those sites or resources and we don’t endorse or accept liability for the content of them.

Read the full Terms and Conditions and our Community House Rules.