Pip assessor and her mentor — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Pip assessor and her mentor

Options
clarefar
clarefar Community member Posts: 12 Listener
Hi i have been waiting 23 wks for my phone assessment with pip.
i suffer from anxiety and depression, i finally had my phone call on Wednesday 14th April and to my horror the assessor had her mentor on the call as well the mentor said she is a mental health nurse,my anxiety was all ready through the roof the fact i had two people asking me questions just put me in a panic and i cried for the 2hrs i was questioned for.
 Its my first time applying for pip so wasnt sure what to expect. is it a good thing that the assessor had her mentor there ? Has anyone else had this ? 
Thanks

Comments

• janer1967
    janer1967 Community member Posts: 21,964 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi and welcome 

Sorry you felt so upset with the assessment don't worry lots of claimants are like that and the assessors are used to it 

Sometimes mentors do join calls but it isn't you they are looking at it is the assessor . This is to give them training and feedback on their performance 
  • clarefar
    Options
    Thank you for getting back to me, now its probably going to be another 23 wks until i hear anything,i have my fingers crossed.
  • janer1967
    janer1967 Community member Posts: 21,964 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    The average wait time for a decision is 8 weeks 

You can request a copy of the report approx 7 days after your assessment 

It isn't the decision but will show what has been recommended 
  • Cher_Alumni
    Cher_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 5,741 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi @clarefar and a warm welcome to our community!  I'm sorry to hear you had a distressing experiencing in your PIP assessment - how are you doing now?

Do you think you'd benefit from extra support with your anxiety, or is this something you're already receiving help with?  I know anxiety can be really difficult to live with and would encourage you to contact your GP for a chat about it, if you feel that it's beginning to impact your daily life.  There are some resources/services you could access online if these might help?  They are:
    I have my fingers firmly crossed for you with the PIP outcome.  Good luck and please let us know how you get on.  
    Online Community Co-ordinator

Want to tell us about your experience on the online community?  Talk to our chatbot and let us know.

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.
  • clarefar
    Options
    Thank you i will update as soon as i hear anything.

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.