Hi, my name is james92! lcwra payments help for uc — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Hi, my name is james92! lcwra payments help for uc

james92
james92 Community member Posts: 6 Listener
edited April 2021 in Universal Credit (UC)
hi everyone, i have been claiming uc since January last year due to my work contract ending my assessment period is the 19th to the 20th, on November the 18th i was diagnosed with depression anxiety and anger management problems and prescribed medication aswell as agreeing to attend therapy sessions where feasible. i spoke to my work coach via the journal the next day who said i should use the change of circumstances for a health condition which i had done and at her discretion changed my commitments accordingly, on the 30th i was asked to submit a fit note so i contacted my gp but due to covid they was mostly pre booked so they booked me a phone appointment for the 17th dec , i received my sick note on the 23rd and uploaded to uc which is dated 17-dec 20 to 4-jan 21, this was not accepted until the 28th due to Christmas, on the 1st January i received  a notification in my journal that i would have to complete a uc50, i received this a few days later and sent it off, i stopped bothering to ask for sick notes as my work coach had referred me to the whp jets program and declared me fit for work before assesment, received a letter in march stating i had to attend a wca on the 1st of april, 2 days ago i had a message in my journal which had deleted all commitments and uploaded a message with the assesment letter where was found to have limited capability for work and work related activity, the letter itself is only dated the 14th april the day they sent the letter and the only info is that i will be paid 3 months after i first gave evidence and if anything is owed it will be backdated? sorry for the long winded message and thankyou in advance

Comments

• james92
    just wondering if anybody has any clue as to when i may receive my first payment? my advisor just said they would find out for me and let me know but havent heard back since i messaged on wednesday
  • chiarieds
    chiarieds Community member Posts: 16,007 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @james92 - from what you have written it sounds like your first additional payment would be due 3 months after you submitted/the DWP received your UC50 form (in early January). Now being placed in the limited capability for work & work-related activity group you should receive an additional £343.63 per month.
  • calcotti
    calcotti Community member Posts: 10,010 Disability Gamechanger
    edited April 2021
    If UC take the date your reported the health condition as 19th November then I calculate you would get the LCWRA element included in the April payment.
    Information I post is for England unless otherwise stated. Rules may be different in other parts of UK.
  • james92
    thankyou everyone, i just havent a clue i havent had any response from them since they added the letter to my journal 
  • calcotti
    chiarieds said:
    Hi @james92 - from what you have written it sounds like your first additional payment would be due 3 months after you submitted/the DWP received your UC50 form (in early January). Now being placed in the limited capability for work & work-related activity group you should receive an additional £343.63 per month.
    The return of the UC form is not the critical date. The relevant period is determined by when the health condition is reported. However this should be backed up by a Fit Note within 7 days so the delay in providing the Fit Note may delay payment of the LCWRA element.

My calculation is
    Health condition reported in the November - December AP.
    The relevant period is the three APs Dec-Jan, Jan-Feb and Feb-March. The LCWRA element first payable for the March-April AP.
    Information I post is for England unless otherwise stated. Rules may be different in other parts of UK.
  • chiarieds
    chiarieds Community member Posts: 16,007 Disability Gamechanger
    Thank you for giving your correct explanation @calcotti - I will try & remember!
  • calcotti
    You’re welcome. Not straight forward is it!
  • james92
    hi everyone just an update they have started the lcwra from the 23rd when the first sick note was added rather than the start of the sick note or the change of circumstances so first extra payment will be included in the april-may period

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.