Esa non payment. — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Esa non payment.

Options
SnooFloofs
SnooFloofs Community member Posts: 7 Listener
Hi I haven't been paid esa today it normally goes in Monday and credits over the weekend. I have read other posts saying it could be the computer systems are down.

Has anyone else had problems with their payments today or yesterday? I am worried sick as I can't get in touch until Monday.

Thanks.

Comments

• MarkM88
    MarkM88 Community member Posts: 3,127 Connected
    Options
    Is your actual pay day a Monday? If that’s the case it wouldn’t be classed a late until Monday has passed regardless when your bank usually credits it. 
  • SnooFloofs
    Options
    Yeah it's normally the Monday but am sure they release it Wednesday or Thursday  and if Barclays knows it going in they normally credit it Saturday. So I can pretty much assume it's not going in Monday either. Trust them to make me worry over the weekend about my money.
  • MarkM88
    Options
    I totally sympathise with it not going in, but as I say it won’t be classed as late until Monday has passed as that is meant to be your pay day. Getting it credited by the bank over the weekend was kind of a bonus. 

There isn’t anything your going to be able to do until Monday morning when you can check if the money is in your account and if not then call ESA. 
  • SnooFloofs
    Options
    It's went in on a sat for god knows how long so doesn't stop me from worrying. Was just wondering if everyone got paid OK. Will ring on Monday morning.  Thanks.
  • janer1967
    janer1967 Community member Posts: 21,964 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi there @SnooFloofs you are the 4th person on here to not have had their esa so I think it is a technical fault at their end 

Somebody did say they rang and they were told the computer system was down 
  • lexib11
    lexib11 Community member Posts: 6 Listener
    Options
    I have just had same problem not been paid 
  • BellaDonna1329
    BellaDonna1329 Community member Posts: 1 Listener
    Options
    Hi, I am having the same problem. My money usually credits just after midnight on a Monday morning, it didn’t happen with this weeks money. I rang dwp yesterday & was told it was because the computer system was being updated. It wouldn’t be done in time to process my payment & they’d done a manual payment. I was told it would be in my bank in a couple of hours but as of 12:10pm on Tuesday 3rd august i still haven’t been paid.
    I have tried 6 times this morning to call them but the first 5 calls failed & now it’s the 6th attempt & nearly 22 minutes on hold.
    I am getting increasingly annoyed & stressed which will affect both my MH & physical health. I do NOT need this kind of stress and worry! 
  • MarkM88
    Options
    Normally a manual payment is a faster payment so it should be there today but could be later today. 

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.