Anybody on a diet? — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Anybody on a diet?

Geegeenumber1
Geegeenumber1 Community member Posts: 1,066 Pioneering
edited April 2021 in Coffee lounge
I'm struggling a bit today because I'm on a diet and because of my bad knees I can't get out or exercise so constantly think about food and losing weight. I've got 6 and a half stone to lose female 5ft7 anyone else on a weight loss journey 
Tagged:

Comments

• 66Mustang
    66Mustang Community member Posts: 13,368 Disability Gamechanger
    edited April 2021
    I am on a diet as well. I’m lucky that I can go for a walk every day but it’s still a struggle sometimes.

I want to lose about 6-8 stone. I’ve lost a bit over 1 so far.

A doctor did tell me that losing weight is 80% down to eating less and 20% down to exercise so if you can’t exercise you still have a very good chance to lose weight just by eating less.

I found that the first couple of weeks are hard in terms of eating less but after that you stop craving the extra unnecessary food.

Good luck :)
  • Geegeenumber1
    Geegeenumber1 Community member Posts: 1,066 Pioneering
    @66Mustang
    Yeah I heard that as well. Well done on your weight loss what sort of diet you doing. I'm reducing calories and eating high protein. I more meant that cause I can't get out its hard not to think of food all day. I've lost weight the first week I've reduced my cals I was gaining the two months before on higher cals. Good luck losing the rest
  • janer1967
    janer1967 Community member Posts: 21,964 Disability Gamechanger
    I'm not on a diet as such but always have low carb and sugar due to diabetes 

I struggle no exercise as in wheelchair but my weight seems pretty stable now but could do with losing couple of stones hopefully warmer weather will encourage more healthy eating 
  • 66Mustang
    66Mustang Community member Posts: 13,368 Disability Gamechanger
    @Geegeenumber1 oh I see, that makes sense

I’m not doing any particular special diet, I have just cut out snacks between meals and only eat one portion at mealtimes, no seconds! I’ve also reduced my alcohol consumption and I only have beer at the weekends, if I want an evening drink on week days I have a whisky or cognac

Great to hear you lost some over the first week, that’s a real achievement, keep at it
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,359 Disability Gamechanger
    @ebarinu you've advertised a paid product which is against the forum rules. I flagged your comment to the scope team.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • durhamjaide2001
    durhamjaide2001 Community Co-Production Group, Scope Member Posts: 10,053 Disability Gamechanger
    I have always been on a weight loss journey since I was born.

Brightness