The end of lockdown and spring — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

The end of lockdown and spring

dfs050365
dfs050365 Community member Posts: 36 Listener
edited April 2021 in Coffee lounge
Spring is in the air everywhere I look around, and I dont know if im being foolish or if im being wise, but its something I have to believe in and its there when I look in your eyes.
Yes spring friends, mind my springing days are behind me.
Tagged:

Comments

• Cher_Alumni
    Cher_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 5,741 Disability Gamechanger
    Oooh I see what you did there  <3  I love the original by John Paul Young! 

I'm happy to see the brighter days before us as well.  I've spotted some little lambs in fields close by to where I live and the daffodils are in bloom too.  Spring brings with it such hope and I think we all especially need some of that this year  :)
    Online Community Co-ordinator

Want to tell us about your experience on the online community?  Talk to our chatbot and let us know.

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.
  • dfs050365
    Yep I agree, we all need some positivity especially this year.
  • janer1967
    janer1967 Community member Posts: 21,964 Disability Gamechanger
    Spring is my favourite season 

Better weather , lighter nights,  flowers blooming , new beginnings 

Just the right season to come out of lockdown 
  • Lisatho11987777
    Lisatho11987777 Scope Member Posts: 5,911 Disability Gamechanger
    Comeing out of lockdown is going to be fab fingers crossed we stay out of lockdown I think the in and out of lockdown makes things worse ?
  • Welshjayne2021
    Welshjayne2021 Community member Posts: 85 Courageous
    Spring just makes everything feel so positive.  Just what we need at the moment.
  • deb74
    deb74 Community member Posts: 814 Pioneering
    Lets hope that was the last lockdown! I am looking forward to the shops opening but I think I will leave it a few days before I go walking around town. I am sure all the shop swill be packed and town will be really busy for the first couple of  days.
  • foodie
    foodie Community member Posts: 163 Courageous
    Love is in the air pproate song for spring lol ???
  • dfs050365
    After lockdown haircuts, is the length of queue indicative of quality of cut or merely desperation. 
  • dfs050365
    Anybody know the name of a group of yeti, I see groups congregating outside hairdressers. Its the end of days nòooooooooo
  • Tori_Scope
    Tori_Scope Scope Posts: 12,491 Disability Gamechanger
    After a quick Google, some people seem to say it's a flurry of yeti @dfs050365. Quite fitting I think :D 
    National Campaigns Officer, she/her

Check out our Playground Accessibility Map
  • Lisatho11987777
    Lisatho11987777 Scope Member Posts: 5,911 Disability Gamechanger
    We aren't out of full lockdown yet 
  • dfs050365
    edited April 2021
    I was thinking that my comments are still being censored after a couple of gamechangers decided to talk rubbish. Its not my fault that they dont get that the system doesn't care.
    One said that planning a journey was cut and dried, nothing to debate. In fact that is not true. So I put to you gamechangers to be on top of your game cause its not a game to many of us.
    If your gamechangers are going to have a holier than thou attitude then it is going to cause people to take umbridge. So I object to my comments being censored as I believe your gamechangers should take half the blame. Are they being  censored. No of course not.
    Many thanks
    David (Removed, full names are not allowed on the community)
  • Ross_Alumni
    Ross_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,652 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi David @dfs050365)

Firstly, I assume that when you say your posts are being censored that you are referring to our moderation policy, and us putting accounts on "moderation". 

Nobody is immune to our community guidelines and therefore we judge posts on an individual basis and will occasionally take action to remove or edit comments when guidelines have been breeched.

I'm sorry to read that you aren't happy with the advice you received on the community, or with the way in which your comments have been moderated, but I can assure you that the community team haven't given preferential treatment to any user. Incidentally, if you are unhappy with a particular comment on the community, please use the "flag" button to report it to the community team so that we can take a look. Alternatively, drop an email to community@scope.org.uk and we can have a chat about it.

I appreciate that sometimes it can be hard to judge tone when reading a comment written on a forum, but I can assure you that those who have responded to you will have had the best intentions and will have wanted the best for you. It's normal for people to disagree on certain aspects, but as long as it is done respectfully then debate is a healthy thing to have.

To clarify, "disability gamechanger" is a rank on the community, not a role. Users will attain that rank for reaching X number of posts.

I have removed part of your comment as I believe it contained a full name, and I will be closing this discussion because it seems to have served it's purpose.
    Online Community Coordinator

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.

Did you receive a helpful reply to your discussion? Fill out our feedback form and let us know about it.
This discussion has been closed.

Brightness