PIP ASSESSMENT WAITING TIMES NOTTINGHAM — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

PIP ASSESSMENT WAITING TIMES NOTTINGHAM

em444
em444 Community member Posts: 103 Connected
edited April 2021 in PIP, DLA, and AA
Hi All,
Hope your all keeping safe and well, as we're slowly moving forward.
I've had my 1st Jab, 2nd in 3 weeks time. Whilst all this has been very stressful,  I've been waiting to hear from PIP. Sent form back 1 month ago, called them to see if anything had been said, but told me they are looking at it. I have extremely bad Anxiety, so its really worrying me, as to when I will have a telephone assessment. Does anyone know how long roughly, the wait is, on . NOTTINGHAM  ?
THANKS  In advance,  for any advice 
?
Tagged:

Comments

• janer1967
    janer1967 Community member Posts: 21,964 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi and welcome 

We don't know wait times for specific areas . Some others have commented that they put claim in December and still waiting for assessment  don't know which area but this has been widespread comments 

Unfortunately it's how long is a piece of string 
  • Caz_Alumni
    Caz_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 621 Pioneering
    Hi @em444,

Sorry to hear that the waiting time for your PIP assessment has been affecting your anxiety. As @janer1967 has said, it's a waiting game at the moment, particularly given the current claims backlogs that have come about during the recent pandemic. 

Have you got any coping strategies to help you manage your anxiety in the meantime? Are there any activities that you find helpful at all? The MIND website does have some self-care tips for anxiety. You could possibly try using some of those techniques to help put your mind at rest whilst you're waiting to hear back. 

And of course, you can always chat to us on the community if you find things are getting a bit much.

Fingers crossed you're not waiting too long. Do keep in touch and let us know how you're getting on. 
    Online Community Coordinator (she/her)

Want to give us feedback? Complete our feedback form now.

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.