I was assessed as having LCW. My benefits stayed the same. Is this normal? Can I see a breakdown? — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

I was assessed as having LCW. My benefits stayed the same. Is this normal? Can I see a breakdown?

unemployedwriter
unemployedwriter Community member Posts: 2 Listener
edited April 2021 in Universal Credit (UC)
I was originally on UC just for the unemployment part (do not qualify for housing etc). However, around about last year I had an accident that left me mentally and physically unwell. I was assessed as having Limited Capability for work. My benefits stayed exactly the same. Is this normal?  Because I suffer from extreme anxiety I've just left it as is and not spoken to anyone. Is there any way for DWP to break down the payment figure to tell me exactly what's what without triggering another round of assessments?

Comments

• janer1967
    janer1967 Community member Posts: 21,964 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi there 

You only get additional payment if you are awarded lcwra and not lcw 

If you look in your journal at your payments on the statement it will give you a breakdown of what payments you get 

Hope this helps 
  • calcotti
    calcotti Community member Posts: 10,010 Disability Gamechanger
    Because you have LCW you are not expected to look for work but, as janer says, you don’t get any extra money for it.
    Information I post is for England unless otherwise stated. Rules may be different in other parts of UK.
  • unemployedwriter
    unemployedwriter Community member Posts: 2 Listener
    Bummer. That's going to be tough. Is there anything else that I can do as I don't see myself being able to return to work for a very very long time? 
  • janer1967
    janer1967 Community member Posts: 21,964 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi 
    You can report a new medical condition but that would trigger new assessment 

Would you be entitled to claim pip have a look at the descriptors see if you would qualify 

Try using a benefits calculator to see if you are entitled to any other benefits there is one on herd in the benefits section 

• Adrian_Scope
    Adrian_Scope Posts: 10,821 Scope online community team
    How long ago was the decision to award you LCW @unemployedwriter? It it’s within 13 months you could appeal the decision. 

As @janer1967 mentioned you could also look into PIP.

Do you know why you don’t qualify for housing help? Do you rent?
    Community Manager
    Scope

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.