Think I'm going to be denied PIP — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Think I'm going to be denied PIP

kelly2021
kelly2021 Community member Posts: 12 Listener
edited April 2021 in PIP, DLA, and AA
Hello everyone, hope your all well.

Well I had my PIP assessment over the phone on Tuesday and I've been thinking about non stop and worrying.
I think I'm not going to get it because at the end of the phone call she said "you'll be able to appeal"
But then she also rang me back afterwards and asked if I have warning before my absence seizures.
I don't know what to think and just worrying incase I don't get award at all.
I'd be happy with the lowest award but just worried I'm not going to get anything.
Has anybody else had them say "You can appeal" to them.
I'm just taking this as I'm going to be denied.

Thank you for reading.

Comments

• janer1967
    janer1967 Community member Posts: 21,964 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi there 

I wouldn't try and overtime it . It isn't the assessors decision to make they only do the assessment and write the report with recommendations 

The decision maker from dwp make the decision based on the report and other evidence 

You can request a copy of the report after 7 says it 7snt the decision but will show you what has been recommended 
  • kelly2021
    @janer1967 Thank you very much for your reply. I guess I am just worrying and overthinking everything that was said. 

I shall ring up on Tuesday and see if they have my report and will ask if they can send me a copy.

Thank you.
  • Ross_Alumni
    Ross_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,652 Disability Gamechanger
    Hello @kelly2021

I hope you're having a nice Saturday. May I ask, what was the context for the assessor saying you can appeal? Had you asked about the process following the call?
    Online Community Coordinator

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.

Did you receive a helpful reply to your discussion? Fill out our feedback form and let us know about it.
  • kelly2021
    Hello @Ross_Scope

Thank you for reply. I had asked her if she knew how the decision will go and she basically just said you can appeal.
  • Ross_Alumni
    Ross_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,652 Disability Gamechanger
    kelly2021 said:
    Hello @Ross_Scope

Thank you for reply. I had asked her if she knew how the decision will go and she basically just said you can appeal.
    Okay, I don't think that is any indication of whether you will be successful or not. After all, you could get awarded PIP but still decide to appeal to get a higher rate if you felt you were entitled.
    Online Community Coordinator

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.

Did you receive a helpful reply to your discussion? Fill out our feedback form and let us know about it.
  • Myiphone6
    Myiphone6 Community member Posts: 19 Connected
    Hi there I applied for pip couple year ago got refused did the MR and tribunal won it after 18 month by time I had won it it was time to apply again as tbh it was all back pay anyway I applied again in November as my last payment for the one I won a tribunal was December so last payment December phone assessment 2 week ago today April just by chance looked in bank £2.675 in am I rite in thinking this is for the last 4 month and how do I work out what rates I got if I haven't received award letter but payment in bank any ideas if I devide it into 4 it looks like high on both but am I wrong is it classed as 5 months
  • calcotti
    calcotti Community member Posts: 10,010 Disability Gamechanger
    edited April 2021
    The award letter will come and then you will know.
    Information I post is for England unless otherwise stated. Rules may be different in other parts of UK.
  • Caz_Alumni
    Caz_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 621 Pioneering
    Just following up on your last post, @Myiphone6

That sounds to have been a long process for you, but good to hear that it was a positive outcome in terms of your most recent tribunal. Hopefully, it won't be much longer now before you receive your award letter and you can check the payment details against that.

If there is anything else you want to ask at that stage, please do come back to us and we'll do our best to help.

You take care and I hope you have a good day :)
    Online Community Coordinator (she/her)

Want to give us feedback? Complete our feedback form now.
  • Myiphone6
    Myiphone6 Community member Posts: 19 Connected
    Hi all well great news received award letter today enhanced on both with onward award reviewed in 2031 honest I can't belive it thank you 

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.