Hi, I'm Danw87! Worried overlooked in relation to PIP 'Engaging with others' being backdated. — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Hi, I'm Danw87! Worried overlooked in relation to PIP 'Engaging with others' being backdated.

Options
Danw87
Danw87 Community member Posts: 2 Listener
edited April 2021 in PIP, DLA, and AA
Hello everyone just having a dilema I'm one of the thousands of pip cliamints that should be backdated and awarded higher rate of daily living due to the Court ruling on pints award for interaction with others afraid this has been overlooked dieas anyone know or have the same experience as me woukd love some advice thanks 

Comments

• janer1967
    janer1967 Community member Posts: 21,964 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi there and welcome 

This doesn't affect me but I have seen several discussions around this in the pip section which you may find useful 

My understanding us that dwp are working their way through affected claimants and will be in contact if you are affected 

I am sure others will offer their experience 
  • chiarieds
    chiarieds Community member Posts: 16,103 Disability Gamechanger
    edited April 2021
    Options
    Hi @Danw87 - & welcome to the community.
    The DWP are only looking at cases where an award was decided between 6 April 2016 & 17 September 2020, & only those cases where a potential 2 more points means an award for the daily living component might be given, or if someone could have got an enhanced award rather than just standard.
    The DWP say they will contact you if potentially more points would change things.
    There's some info on the ruling you mention here:
  • Cher_Alumni
    Cher_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 5,741 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    @chiarieds Thank you for the spot, I've deleted my post as to avoid confusion :) 

@Danw87 Good luck and I hope you will be contacted soon if your case was one of those impacted.  Please let us know how you get on.
    Online Community Co-ordinator

Want to tell us about your experience on the online community?  Talk to our chatbot and let us know.

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.