PIP mandatory reconsideration after new court ruling — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

PIP mandatory reconsideration after new court ruling

scoobi24
scoobi24 Community member Posts: 9 Listener
edited April 2021 in PIP, DLA, and AA
Hi all, i was claiming DLA for a range of mental health, i changed over to PIP, i lost around £90 a month on the change over but was happy stil awarded something, then few years later i heard about a new court ruling about mental health and mobility side of PIP but was wary as didnt want less or stopped, so i wrote to them last November 2020 and they are re looking at my claim to see if i can get mobility side,......my letter has been with them for around 24 weeks and they said started looking at my claim 5 weeks ago now, so my Qs are....
Im worried i will now get less or took off me completely, has this happened to anybody? Also....
Has anybody had a success for mobility since this new court ruling? 
How long did it take to look at your claim again?
Did you recieve back pay?
Thankyou for any info, as you can imagine im goin a little crazy with just waiting, mental health is not an easy thing to live with daily, let alone not knowing what is going to happen with my money

Comments

• chiarieds
    chiarieds Community member Posts: 16,007 Disability Gamechanger
    edited April 2021
    Hi @scoobi24 - as far as I'm aware the DWP are just looking at those cases where extra points would mean someone may be awarded the mobility component (8 points needed for a standard award), or where a standard award might be increased to an enhanced award. So they are looking to see if more points could be added, so don't worry.
    Again my understanding was that the DWP would contact any individuals to whom this might apply, & you didn't need to contact them. We have had several members asking about this, but none have come back to say they'd been contacted yet. Everything will have been delayed due to Covid-19, unfortunately.
  • scoobi24
    @chiarieds thankyou for your response, i was told by my CPN that some people will get missed so it wouldnt hurt to ask, i did this in Nov last year, didnt hear anything until march 18th sayin they are looking at my claim, then i rang after 3 weeks to ask for update she said they had gained some more evidence from docs etc on 23rd march and stil no decision yet, so its now 5 weeks tomora since started looking, i suppose it will be another few weeks yet? 
  • chiarieds
    You're welcome @scoobi24 - I wish I could answer your query; my understanding was that looking into these decisions is delayed due to the pandemic. It would be very helpful to other members if you would kindly let us know how you get on, thank you.
  • scoobi24
    @chiarieds Yes this is true, iv tryed very hard to forget about it until i hear about it but very hard when everyday is a battle already ? thankyou again and of course i will update when i know more. Take care x
  • Cher_Alumni
    Cher_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 5,741 Disability Gamechanger
    edited April 2021
    Hi @scoobi24

If it helps, you aren't alone in asking this question.  If you visit this thread you will see that just this morning another member queried a similar ruling.  I hope it's not too long before you get an update.  

I just wanted to check-in as well to ask how you were coping with your mental health?  You describe getting through days as a bit of a battle and I'm sorry it currently feels that way :(  Are your CPN and GP offering you enough support with this, do you think?  Make sure to let them know if you feel things might be worsening any as we want to keep you as happy and healthy as possible.  

Please let us know how you get on and if you need any further support our community is always around :) 

Just to add, I've moved this thread to our PIP, DLA and AA category which our home for all things PIP!  
    Online Community Co-ordinator

Want to tell us about your experience on the online community?  Talk to our chatbot and let us know.

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.
  • chiarieds
    edited April 2021
    The other thread @Cher_Scope mentions is about another ruling with the 'Engaging with other people' activity. This may have an effect on a person's daily living component, rather than the mobility component.
  • scoobi24
    @Cher_Scope thankyou for your reply and kind words, i rang this morning and stil looking at it, its not good this not knowin, i dont like decisions on my life bein made for me, if you get that, i struggle everyday with my mental health, i have an appointment soon with my consultant, its very nice of you to say what you did, waiting and not knowin is just a horrible feeling, i struggle to even get out of bed in the mornin lately, just worry worry n more worry.
    @chiarieds thankyou yes, thats right, i already get enhanced rate of daily care side of it, they are looking at mobility side of it, i only got 4 points on my last award so wasnt enuf for mobility.
  • Cher_Alumni
    Cher_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 5,741 Disability Gamechanger
    chiarieds said:
    The other thread @Cher_Scope mentions is about another ruling with the 'Engaging with other people' activity. This may have an effect on a person's daily living component, rather than the mobility component.
    Thanks for that clarification @chiarieds :)  Can I blame baby brain yet?

@scoobi24 I'm pleased to hear you're soon seeing your consultant and don't be afraid to be open and honest with them about how you're feeling.  Worry and rumination can be a difficult habit to break, I know, so be gentle with yourself and take each day as it comes.  MIND have a lovely web resource on Relaxation tips that might be worth reading on those harder days.  While, if you need someone to talk to, you can always contact:
    • The Samaritans on 116123 or by emailing jo@samaritans.org.
    • SHOUT by texting 'SHOUT' to 85258 to speak with a trained crisis volunteer
    Also, if you ever fancy a bit of virtual company - you know where we are :) 
    Online Community Co-ordinator

Want to tell us about your experience on the online community?  Talk to our chatbot and let us know.

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.
  • scoobi24
    @Cher_Scope how lovely, thankyou so much, il look in to this, feel like my brain never stops overthinkin ? i will be sure to let you all know as soon as i do. Thankyou again n have a lovely evenin ?

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.