Coffee lounge
If this is your first visit, check out the community guide. You will have to Join us or Sign in before you can post.

Covid test - good news and bad news

GeoarkGeoark Member, Scope Volunteer Posts: 1,375 Disability Gamechanger
edited April 21 in Coffee lounge
Good news is I don't have the virus.

Bad news is I am pregnant!  :*

As an individual I stood alone.
As a member of a group I did things.
As part of a community I helped to create change!

Tagged:

Replies

• Sandy_123Sandy_123 Member Posts: 1,351 Pioneering
    Congratulations lol 😆 
  • woodbinewoodbine Community Co-Production Group Posts: 4,068 Disability Gamechanger
    When I had my first jab they asked if I was pregnant? I said no just over weight !
    "Putting a child into care, isn't caring for a child" (T.Rhattigan)
  • Cher_ScopeCher_Scope Posts: 3,663

Scope community team

@Geoark Ah, it's good to make light of hard situations sometimes, isn't it?  This doesn't mean any ill-intent to those affected by covid-19 as we all understand how horrendous the last year's been, but humour is a good coping mechanism to get us through <3

BTW, I might see you at antenatal class?  :D and @woodbine - Ha, you have no idea how many times I've been asked when I was due because of a bloated stomach!  Cue the awkwardness when I reveal it's just bloat or I had pizza the previous night  :D
    Online Community Co-ordinator

Want to tell us about your experience on the online community?  Talk to our chatbot and let us know.
  • GeoarkGeoark Member, Scope Volunteer Posts: 1,375 Disability Gamechanger
    Thanks @Sandy_123, to be fair I did ask exactly the same question I asked when I found out my wife was pregnant.

How did that happen?

@woodbine I just tell people I'm having quads. Still not sure what babies have to do with quads though  :D

@Cher_Scope, absolutely  no ill intent for those who have suffered or are suffering from Covid. I have lost two family members to it in the last year. It just struck me when I was watching the test on TV that the result stick looks a lot like the pregnancy tester.

I do agree though being able to laugh at things is important, especially during dark times. I've been sitting on that one for a while, with things opening up, and life slowly returning to some sense of normality it seemed like a good time to share ;)

Sign in or join us to comment.