Hi, my name is lyndaj12! Should I have received backpay — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Hi, my name is lyndaj12! Should I have received backpay

Options
lyndaj12
lyndaj12 Community member Posts: 12 Listener
edited April 2021 in PIP, DLA, and AA
Hello am new here i asked for A reconsideration on my pip i was awarded 4 points on the dissability part so i gave reasons why i should b awarded it was on pip standard rate to decision came back was awarded 10 points on the dissability part no change to standard which im happy with my question is should i have received back pay from date of original re claim or is it correct that i only received 2 months back pay  of the mobility part thank u 

Comments

• janer1967
    janer1967 Community member Posts: 21,964 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi and welcome 

Sorry your post is a bit confusing 

Pip awards are 
    Daily living at either standard or enhanced rate 

And mobility at standard or enhanced 

What we're you awarded? 

Was it a first time claim or a review and if it was a review what rates did you get before the assessment 

If you give these details we can then advise 
  • chiarieds
    chiarieds Community member Posts: 16,103 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi @lyndaj12 - & welcome to the community. If you were awarded only one part of PIP (?daily living component), you would have been paid that amount. Since you put in a Mandatory Reconsideration (querying the mobility component?) & your points went from 4 to 10, then you now have also the standard rate for the mobility component. Is that correct?
    As Jane asks was this your first time claiming for PIP, or a review?
  • lyndaj12
    lyndaj12 Community member Posts: 12 Listener
    Options
    Hi yes thats correct it was A change of circumstances which prompted the new claim and i carried on receiving my standard daily living  the mobility is the first time  ive received it  was backdated 2 months arrears after  dss overturned the  the interviewers original decision of 4 points thank u
  • janer1967
    janer1967 Community member Posts: 21,964 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi 

You should get back pay to when the change in circumstances  decision was made 

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.