Hi, my name is chanty86! I challenged my PIP report — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Hi, my name is chanty86! I challenged my PIP report

chanty86
chanty86 Community member Posts: 1 Listener
edited April 2021 in PIP, DLA, and AA
I challenged my claim to PIP report! The information written was inaccurate, awful and included lies such as I refused a physical examination when I do not recall being asked. Also the assessor was with me for 30minutes only, I was appalled. How can someone possibly understand the daily battles you have in this time?
I asked what the assessors health qualification actually was. The reply basically ignore majority if my concerns and was very dismissive of my claims.
It also said all our assessors are highly qualified health practitioners? What does that mean? 
I honestly gave up, as I had so much going on in my life and honeslty felt like I was fighting a losing battle. I thought I may have been overlooking the situation. But since I've read and spoke to others more about how they to have experienced  the same. I am actually so angry.
I do not think I have grounds to appeal this, as they only give a specific amount of days to do so and I think I claimed approx 1 year ago? What's others advice ?

Comments

• janer1967
    janer1967 Community member Posts: 21,964 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi there 

You can put in a mandatory reconsideration  up to 13 months if there is a valid reason for it being late 

The hcp are usually physios or paramedics they all have medical background they are not doing a medical assessment bud assessing your functionality 

The time to get your case across is in the application  and evidence the assessment is then to quantify this and get any further info required so the length of the assessment varies for each person 

You can always reapply and if you need help we can try and advise or you can try welfare rights to help you 
  • chiarieds
    chiarieds Community member Posts: 16,007 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @chanty86 - & welcome to the community. I'm sorry you found your PIP assessment report 'inaccurate.' Unfortunately complaining about such reports doesn't usually lead to a change, rather a Mandatory Reconsideration is the next stage in appealing. As mentioned above, these can be submitted within a 13 month time frame; if you're outside of that time, then you can't appeal further. Did you receive any points for either component?
  • Cardiff_Central1
    Cardiff_Central1 Community member Posts: 24 Connected
    Hi @chanty86 I'm going through similar but don't give up, if they've assessed you wrong then they need to know. Have a peak at the reviews from 'health assessors' capita on the indeed website, it'll give you some idea of what you've been up against and how they view their role
  • wilko
    wilko Community member Posts: 2,458 Disability Gamechanger
    Once anyone has had an PIP can request a copy of their assessment report, wait a week or two then phone the DWP and request your report. On receiving it you can work out what your award may should be but you still have to wait for the award notification letter. If the award is not what you deserve or expected then you have extra weeks to collect,gather further evidence and supporting information to lodge an MR should you wish or need to.

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.