PIP assessor didn’t call. How long for claim to be sent back and looked at again from scratch? — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

PIP assessor didn’t call. How long for claim to be sent back and looked at again from scratch?

wma92
wma92 Community member Posts: 4 Listener
edited April 2021 in PIP, DLA, and AA
Hey, my assessment was supposed to be at 11.45 today and they advised to allow 30 minutes for busy periods, it’s nearly an hour later and I haven’t heard nothing? Has anyone else experienced this? Anxiety is through the roof 

thank you

Comments

• woodbine
    woodbine Community member Posts: 11,609 Disability Gamechanger
    hi @wma92 and welcome to scope, all you can do is hang on i'm afraid, if it gets to late afternoon you could call them?
    2024 The year of the general election...the time for change is coming 💡

• janer1967
    janer1967 Community member Posts: 21,964 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi there 

I have heard of them being very late dud to others going on longer than expected 

As above give it a few hours and call and see what is happening 
  • wma92
    Thanks for the replies everyone, I’ll hold out for a while longer! 
  • wma92
    It turns out the assessment centre have said that they called and couldn’t get through, I have a missed call from them at 9.45am today.. which was two hours before my appointment - the notes say that the assessor tried to call me three times after 11.45am - I received none of these calls.

I spoke to the assessment centre and I was quite clearly upset after the build up of anxiety, the lady told me to call dwp on Monday and the claim will have to be sent back and looked at again from scratch, the lady said that there tends to be signal problems with good weather?!

does anybody have any experience about how long This could take? The process is already gruelling without the poor service and having to try and justify myself when I’ve no evidence of the assessor calling 

any advice you’ll be great 

thank you 

• woodbine
    woodbine Community member Posts: 11,609 Disability Gamechanger
    I might have believed the "signal problems in poor weather" 20 years ago but in 2021?
    Did your phone record the three "missed" calls?

All you can do now is wait and see what they do, hopefully they will arrange a new date/time to call you.
    2024 The year of the general election...the time for change is coming 💡

• westcoast
    westcoast Community member Posts: 3 Listener
    This happened to me.
    Turns out my phone rejected the calls as spam.
    Took me about 3 months to even get another appointment.
    Feel your pain
  • Cher_Alumni
    Cher_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 5,741 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @wma92

This must have been very frustrating and I understand your upset at the time.  Have you heard anything since?  
    Online Community Co-ordinator

Want to tell us about your experience on the online community?  Talk to our chatbot and let us know.

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.
  • wma92
    Hey, 

I called into dwp and spoke with a gentleman who took some details on the day and advised that when the claim is sent back to them, the handler will see his note and send it back to the third party assessment centre, this was over a week ago and I’ve heard nothing since. 

The stress it caused me really did knock me, and I’ve not tried to chase it up since because I’m just so deflated with it all to be honest! 

• janer1967
    janer1967 Community member Posts: 21,964 Disability Gamechanger
    It will take longer than over a week ti get sent back and reviewed again 

As above the other poster said it took 3 months to get another appointment 

Sorry this is causing so much stress it is a gruelling process 
  • Caz_Alumni
    Caz_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 621 Pioneering
    Sorry to hear that this is causing you some stress @wma92. That's totally understandable in the circumstances. 

As some of our members have said, it could take a while for you to hear anything back. I know you're feeling a bit deflated at the moment. But if it's possible, maybe try to find a way preparing yourself to be in for a bit of a wait. Have you got anything in particular that might help to take your mind off things for a while? 

And of course, please do keep talking to us on the community if there's anything else we can do to help or support you in the meantime :)
    Online Community Coordinator (she/her)

Want to give us feedback? Complete our feedback form now.

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.