decided to come off UC, but will it affect me receiving the carers allowance, — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

decided to come off UC, but will it affect me receiving the carers allowance,

Options
ladyredlips
ladyredlips Community member Posts: 5 Listener
My husband is extremely poorly and I receive the carers allowance for looking after him. He receives PIP enhanced for mobility and standard for daily living, our family are wishing to support us and let us come off the UC, which is fine, but just wondering will it affect the CA and PIP, 
kind regards Brenda
Tagged:

Comments

• calcotti
    calcotti Community member Posts: 10,010 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Not claiming UC will make no difference to CA or PIP.
    Information I post is for England unless otherwise stated. Rules may be different in other parts of UK.
  • Ross_Alumni
    Ross_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,652 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    My husband is extremely poorly and I receive the carers allowance for looking after him. He receives PIP enhanced for mobility and standard for daily living, our family are wishing to support us and let us come off the UC, which is fine, but just wondering will it affect the CA and PIP, 
    kind regards Brenda
    I hope your husband and yourself are receiving all the support you need, and fingers crossed the above reply has been helpful :) 
    Online Community Coordinator

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.

Did you receive a helpful reply to your discussion? Fill out our feedback form and let us know about it.
  • janer1967
    janer1967 Community member Posts: 21,964 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi and welcome 

As explained it won't affect either 

But do give this some thought as if you are entitled to the benefit then why stop claiming 

I know there can be a lot of stress associated with claiming and you will have your reasons but bear in mind the other elements that you may be eligible for like prescriptions, dentist   council tax reduction etc 
  • ladyredlips
    ladyredlips Community member Posts: 5 Listener
    Options
    Good morning Janer, thank you for your reply, even thou we are both of poor health, my husband more so than me, we are struggling as we were hacked for his pension by them low life and there is no way of getting the money back, plus we have a company ticking over, just to keep the young lads in work as they have a young family themselves, he said he wants to get back to work, even thou he isn't well, just to get money, and I want to be honest with DWP and not be working and claiming at the same time. So we thought it only right to stop claiming UC
  • Tori_Scope
    Tori_Scope Scope Posts: 12,492 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi @ladyredlips :)
    we were hacked for his pension by them low life and there is no way of getting the money back
    Are you saying you were the victims of a scam here? Have you reported this?

You can read more about working and Universal Credit here.

National Campaigns Officer, she/her

Check out our Playground Accessibility Map
  • calcotti
    calcotti Community member Posts: 10,010 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    ..I want to be honest with DWP and not be working and claiming at the same time. So we thought it only right to stop claiming UC
    Bit you are allowed to work and claim UC at the same time. As long as you tell them about any work you are being honest and your UC entitlement, if any, will be calculated accordingly.
    Information I post is for England unless otherwise stated. Rules may be different in other parts of UK.

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.