Earth day — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Earth day

Options
leeCal
leeCal Community member Posts: 7,550 Disability Gamechanger
edited April 2021 in Coffee lounge
Earth Day's mission is to diversify, educate and activate the environmental movement worldwide.

Are you doing anything to help Mother Earth today or everyday?
I planted a tree yesterday.

“This is my simple religion. No need for temples. No need for complicated philosophy. Your own mind, your own heart is the temple. Your philosophy is simple kindness.” 
― Dalai Lama XIV

Comments

• Ross_Alumni
    Ross_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,652 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    I'm a keen recycler, but I'm aware that's nothing to shout about these days. I did recently read Bill Gates' book on climate change and it has made me aware of certain simple changes I could make to my life to improve the earth
    Online Community Coordinator

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.

Did you receive a helpful reply to your discussion? Fill out our feedback form and let us know about it.
  • leeCal
    leeCal Community member Posts: 7,550 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Not a popular idea but I think we can all think about having a staycation rather than flying aeroplanes to exotic climes. I know it’s not the same but it is Earth friendly. ? ???

“This is my simple religion. No need for temples. No need for complicated philosophy. Your own mind, your own heart is the temple. Your philosophy is simple kindness.” 
    ― Dalai Lama XIV

• 66Mustang
    66Mustang Community member Posts: 13,668 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    I was going to make a thread mentioning this soon but putting aside the bad, one good thing the pandemic has brought is working from home. It means less commuting and less fuel being used and so less CO2 being produced. It looks like a lot of companies have discovered that WFH works for them and are going to allow WFH to continue after the pandemic is over which is great news for the planet. :)
  • Ross_Alumni
    Ross_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,652 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    66Mustang said:
    I was going to make a thread mentioning this soon but putting aside the bad, one good thing the pandemic has brought is working from home. It means less commuting and less fuel being used and so less CO2 being produced. It looks like a lot of companies have discovered that WFH works for them and are going to allow WFH to continue after the pandemic is over which is great news for the planet. :)
    Definitely. And once we can get clean energy supplies throughout the country and world then working from home will only become a more attractive option.
    Online Community Coordinator

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.

Did you receive a helpful reply to your discussion? Fill out our feedback form and let us know about it.

Brightness