Can you claim PIP and other benefits due to pain with health conditions? — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Can you claim PIP and other benefits due to pain with health conditions?

fkennedy0689
fkennedy0689 Community member Posts: 27 Connected
Hi there, 
I was wondering if anyone has pain with there health conditions and how would we claim for PIP and other benefits with such conditions. Has anyone claimed and is getting it for/with pain?
Thanks, 

Kind Regards, 
Fiona 

Comments

• janer1967
    janer1967 Community member Posts: 21,964 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi and welcome to the community 

Pip isn't really about pain tho it 7s considered when looking at doing tasks reliably, repeatedly 

It is about how your condition affects your ability to do daily tasks like preparing food   eating , bathing  dressing and so on 

Have a look at the descriptors which can be found in our pip section 

As for other benefits it depends on your circumstances   try a benefits calculator again in our benefits section  

If you have any questions just ask 
  • chiarieds
    chiarieds Community member Posts: 16,098 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @fkennedy0689 - I have chronic pain due to my disorder, in fact it's my main symptom. It certainly can, & should be taken into account if this means that certain activities of daily living &/mobility are difficult & cannot be done perhaps 'repeatedly,' or 'in a reasonable period of time,' on the majority of days.
    A couple of detailed real life examples should be then given for each activity that applies as far as PIP goes.
    A benefits calculator can be found here: https://benefits-calculator.turn2us.org.uk/AboutYou
    Hope some of the above helps. :smile:

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.