Brain AVM — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Brain AVM

arrywillz
arrywillz Community member Posts: 1 Listener
Hi everyone New here but I needed to know if someone’s been through a similar thing as I’m really struggling, at the age of 21 I was diagnosed with an avm back in 2013 and had radio surgery (gamma knife) in 2014 to treat it, unfortunately I suffered quite a lot of trouble post surgery I  then developed epilepsy and started to suffer from severe aura migraines and headaches witch both still effect me to this very day 7 years later and have impacted my life, work and mental health greatly just wondering if anyone else suffered anything similar and did it get better? As I just feel it’s never going to end thanks. 

Comments

• steve51
    steve51 Community member Posts: 7,153 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @arrywillz

Good Morning!!!!!

I am one of the Community Champion’s here at Scope.

Yes I have also had a Brain AVM.

Mine was at the base of my “Brain” at the top of my “Spinal Cord”

I have also had :SRS Radio Surgery here in Birmingham.

This didn’t work & it has given me “Chronic Pain 24/7”

Please come back if you need any further help?????

@steve51
  • chiarieds
    chiarieds Community member Posts: 16,007 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @arrywillz -  & welcome to the community. Great that you've met Steve, as you will have much in common, tho very sorry you've both had complications. Hope to see you around the forum. :)
  • Chloe_Scope
    Chloe_Scope Posts: 10,586 Disability Gamechanger
    A warm welcome to the community @arrywillz! I'm really sorry to hear about your post-operation complications. Do you currently get any support at work?

Please do have a look around, get involved and please shout if we can do anything to help. :)
    Scope

• janer1967
    janer1967 Community member Posts: 21,964 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi and welcome to the community glad you have joined us here. I am sure there will be lots of members who can share their experience with you and I look forward to seeing you around
  • angel123x
    angel123x Community member Posts: 5 Listener
    edited April 2021

Hi there! I’d really appreciate it if you would share or donate to this GoFundMe, Brain Avm rupture -  Stroke at 21 - He deserves your love and support (Removed, crowdfunding is not allowed on the community)

Brightness