Hello am new here — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Hello am new here

LonelyLovely
LonelyLovely Community member Posts: 1 Listener
edited April 2021 in Start here and say hello!
Hi everyone, my name is Lonely Lovely but you can just call me Lovely. My older brother has autism and ADHD and a lot of the time I feel very alone when it comes to talking about stuff involving him. I don’t really have any friends who understand what we all go through, so I guess that’s why am here, to be with people who understand, and if they don’t, well, at least I’m anonymous. I’m not sure how often I’ll use this site for ranting about my problems but I guess I already have. Sorry for the long intro, I’m excited to be apart of this community and I hope whoever’s reading this is having a good day/night :)
Tagged:

Comments

• janer1967
    janer1967 Community member Posts: 21,964 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi and welcome to the community 

Feel free to join in ot ask any questions 

Lots of members have experience of dealing with the same conditions as your brother so you have come to the right place 
  • Ross_Alumni
    Ross_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,652 Disability Gamechanger
    Hello @LonelyLovely and welcome to the community, glad you've joined us. 

This is a very supportive and welcoming place so I'm sure that our members would be happy to hear about your experiences. Feel free to have a rant and contribute whenever you feel necessary :) 
    Online Community Coordinator

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.

Did you receive a helpful reply to your discussion? Fill out our feedback form and let us know about it.
  • chiarieds
    chiarieds Community member Posts: 16,007 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @LonelyLovely - welcome to the community. You will find a lot of people who will have a good understanding here, so please do come & chat (or rant) here absolutely any time. For a little distraction you might like to try our virtual 'Coffee lounge,' to meet some of our other members. I hope to see you there. :)
  • Tori_Scope
    Tori_Scope Scope Posts: 12,488 Disability Gamechanger
    Welcome to the community from me too @LonelyLovely :) That's a wonderful reason for joining. Do you get along well with your brother? 

As chiarieds has said, the coffee lounge is a great place to meet new members if you're fancying a chat. You might also like to browse through our categories for discussions around autism, and neurological conditions
    National Campaigns Officer, she/her

Join our call for an equal future.

Brightness