Pip form with no return date on it — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Pip form with no return date on it

mollypeppa
mollypeppa Community member Posts: 42 Connected
Hi all. Received pip award review form. Was dated 29th March, where it says please return the form to us by, there is no date just a dash. Is this a printing error, its usually one month from date on form.

Comments

• woodbine
    woodbine Community member Posts: 11,521 Disability Gamechanger
    They have extended the return dates to three months cue to covid, remember to treat a renewal like a new application, giving as much detail as possible backed up by relevant evidence that's as recent as possible.
    Good luck
    2024 The year of the general election...the time for change is coming 💡

• janer1967
    janer1967 Community member Posts: 21,964 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi and welcome 

They are currently allowing 3 months for return of forms due to covid and difficulties if getting assistance and medical evidence 

That is why they have taken the date away 

There is a recorded message when you calk them to confirm this 
  • mollypeppa
    Thank you to you both. I know treat it as a new claim. Hope you're well.
  • mollypeppa
    janer1967 said:
    Hi and welcome 

They are currently allowing 3 months for return of forms due to covid and difficulties if getting assistance and medical evidence 

Thank you very much
  • mollypeppa
    woodbine said:
    They have extended the return dates to three months cue to covid, remember to treat a renewal like a new application, giving as much detail as possible backed up by relevant evidence that's as recent as possible.
    Good luck
    Thank you very much
  • mollypeppa
    janer1967 said:
    Hi and welcome 

Hello. Would you be able to advise on would a bed rail be classed as an aid, for example, moving around due to arthritis,
  • janer1967
    Hi there 

It could be sometimes they only consider aids if they have been supplied through physio or ot 

If you have purchased yourself they can say it is just something to make your life easier rather than a necessity 

But it is worth mentioning 
  • mollypeppa
    janer1967 said:
    Hi there 

It could be sometimes they only consider aids if they have been supplied through physio or ot 

If you have purchased yourself they can say it is just something to make your life easier rather than a necessity 

But it is worth mentioning 
    Thankyou, yes I have the occupational therapists care plan report, of all aids supplied, what activity though would a bed rail be classed as an aid, I struggle to turn in bed and also to get in and out of bed, 
  • janer1967
    I'm not too sure it does fit any descriptors you don't have to mention every aid if it doesn't fit 

Maybe mobility to help you get out of bed or dressing 

Sleeping and getting in our 8f bed isn't really in any descriptor 
  • mollypeppa
    Thankyou, I remember on my last review, as I have hidradentitis suppurative, a chronic skin condition, I mentioned my wife purchased a bath board, the assessor noted if I had a bath board, as it was purchased out of necessity and not provided, 

As I was assessed by my ot, I use a walking stick odd time in the home, my wife purchased crutch type sticks for when I'm out with my wife, these wasn't provided but advised to use, I have a triage assesment in June,. 

Also the other installed a telecare alarm system as I'm risk of falling, would the telecare be classed as an aid on communicating or moving around, sorry for all questions.

• janer1967
    I would mention everything its then in your them if they take it into account 

The telecare would be a safety aid and could come under several activities 
  • mollypeppa
    Thankyou, mention everything down to a t, I am also under cmht and just got a care co ordinator also, I had a home visit on Wednesday as I wouldn't have coped going out to mental health team. Strange thing was ,I received the care co ordinator letter on day I received pip form, my wife has ,all letters, psychiatrist reports, dermatology reports, xray results, everything. The police will also be involved with something at some point this year, that also affects my mental health, I'm unsure wether to mention it
  • mollypeppa
    That's why I asked about a bed rail as there is no descriptor or question about bed rails, and yes I have read the pip info. Just like a biscuit tin is not considered a aid for medication. They really do question everything. Nit pick. 
  • mollypeppa
    Username_removed That's why I asked about a bed rail as there is no descriptor or question about bed rails, and yes I have read the pip info. Just like a biscuit tin is not considered a aid for medication. They really do question everything. Nit pick:
    janer1967 said:
    Hi and welcome 

Hello. Would you be able to advise on would a bed rail be classed as an aid, for example, moving around due to arthritis,
    Depends on which points scoring activity you’re aiming to have it counted as an aid. It could only be dressing/undressing as far as I can see and so then you’re into the specifics of why. A bed has been classified as not being an aid because dressing by using a bed is something everyone does. So you’d have to be doing so,eying extraordinarily different to score.

Your questions suggest you’ve not read up on the basics of PIP. Rather than further questions I’d suggest you read this

• mollypeppa
    Can I ask what paid for documentation that was, ? You mean medical evidence?
  • Ami2301
    Ami2301 Community member Posts: 7,942 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @mollypeppa, the content that @pipandesa are posting is spam, I have reported their posts and currently awaiting for a member of the community team to remove their posts. Sorry for any issues this has caused.
    Disability Gamechanger - 2019
  • mollypeppa
    Ami2301 said:
    Hi @mollypeppa, the content that @pipandesa are posting is spam, I have reported their posts and currently awaiting for a member of the community team to remove their posts. Sorry for any issues this has caused.
    I thought it was, only after, still in process of doing my award review form, you shouldn't have to pay for documentation, I just ask for it, also I'd say a good thing to have is the online patient access cos that way you can print off letters from professionals that otherwise they wouldn't send you a copy of, my wife fills it out for me, photographs maybe too. 
  • mollypeppa
    If you have purchased documentation then you may want to check the copyright on it before you offer it to anyone else for free. 
    But if I have obtained documentation which is on my medical records then the copyright is mine, 

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.