Is it the HCA people I should ask for the report? — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Is it the HCA people I should ask for the report?

Girl_No1
Girl_No1 Community member Posts: 152 Pioneering
Hi everyone - I had my ESA telephone assessment last Monday.  Like everyone else who has been through it, I've been obsessing ever since.  I had to contact DWP this morning to advise them of a change of circumstance (tiny, wee private pension increase!) and to ask when I will hear about an overpayment I received whilst my pension details were finalised.

Advisng them of pension increase went okay, I think.  When I asked about the overpayment, I was told it had been written off as their error!!?   

I thought I might as well ask about the Assessor's report while I'm on to DWP, so I did.  The girl said they won't be able to send it until they receive it which will be 4/6 weeks.

My question (eventually!) is it the HCA people I should ask for the report?   Waiting 5/7 weeks seems like a long time when already in a state of anxiety!   :#

Comments

• Adrian_Scope
    Adrian_Scope Posts: 10,821 Scope online community team
    Hi @Girl_No1. Great news about them writing off the overpayment! I'd ask them to send something in writing to confirm if possible.
    It sounds as thought the person you spoke with may have confused your request for the assessment report with the decision letter. Reports are sent to them electronically (often even the same day) but can take up to a week to be linked to your account. 

You may need to call again and request a copy and be clear it's a copy of the assessment report you are looking for, not the DMs.
    Community Manager
    Scope
  • Girl_No1
    @Adrian_Scope thanks for your reply, very helpful as usual!!

Yes, it is great news about them writing it off - if they actually have!!  lol

To be fair, the girl I spoke with (first thing on a Monday morning!) may not have been at her peak performance and may have misread the screen.  She mentioned a total that was the overpayment plus an element they had agreed to write off due to them not processing my information efficiently.  I was happy, very suprised, really, with the partial write-off but she definitely said the full amount had been written off!

Yes, you're most probably right in that I probably didn't make it clear it was a copy of the Assessor's report I wanted.  I'll try again later in the week, when my nerves are restored .... I get incredibly anxious listening to those repeated messages!  :) 
  • janer1967
    janer1967 Community member Posts: 21,964 Disability Gamechanger
    Great news about the overpayment write off 

It is the pip helpline you want for a copy of the report 
  • Girl_No1
    Wee update.  Called ESA again yesterday to request copy of Assessor's report.  Spoke to a lovely lady who said she'd print and send it.  It arrived today!!  The recommendation is LCWRA, assuming DM goes with that, does that mean "support group" or does it mean my nsESA ceases at 365 days as I'm not entitled to UC?  I'm as confused as a confused thing on a confused day today and can't work it out.   :#
  • calcotti
    calcotti Community member Posts: 10,010 Disability Gamechanger
    LCWRA would mean nsESA Support Group which can be paid indefinitely.
    Information I post is for England unless otherwise stated. Rules may be different in other parts of UK.
  • Girl_No1
    @calcotti as usual, thank you so much for your speedy reply.  It is very, very much appreciated.  Now just need to wait and see if DM goes with Assessor.   :)

• salfordgirl4321
    salfordgirl4321 Scope Member Posts: 36 Connected
    @calcotti Sorry to jump in here, I’ve just read this Thread. Could you please tell me what nsESA Support Group mean?
    It’s just that I’m also in the ESA Support Group and I’ve never heard of before nsESA Support Group. Thanks 
  • Girl_No1
    nsESA = New Style ESA.  Hope that helps.  :smile:
  • salfordgirl4321
    Ahhh, I get it now. Thanks so much for your reply.
  • calcotti
    calcotti Community member Posts: 10,010 Disability Gamechanger
    Apologies for confusing with an abbreviation.
    Information I post is for England unless otherwise stated. Rules may be different in other parts of UK.
  • salfordgirl4321

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.