Any ideas on how to get used to full mask for sleep apnea? — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Any ideas on how to get used to full mask for sleep apnea?

Options
jackyslade
jackyslade Community member Posts: 12 Listener
Been diagnosed with sleep apnea got full mask to wear any ideas how to get used to it and get some sleep ????
Tagged:

Comments

• Lisatho11987777
    Lisatho11987777 Scope Member Posts: 5,911 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Its hard trying to sleep with a full mask on  prople I have looked after gad problems at first 

If yo can sleep on your bank eith pillows behind you are a v shape pillow with normal  pillows so your not lying flat  is one suggestion 

If you sleep on your side don't have the pillows flat and put pillows behind your back so you can lean on them so that your not fully on your side 

Those are the two that the people I looked after  but some did sleep in a reclining chair 

Hope you find a comfortable way for you 
  • jackyslade
    Options
    Thanks Lisa I’ll give it a go 
  • Lisatho11987777
    Options
    Hope something works for you  I know whatvits like not to sleep 
  • Lisatho11987777
    Options
    @jackyslade did you find a comfortable way to sleep 
  • jackyslade
    Options
    Sorry Lisa Not been too good lately I suffer with depression that black cloud been around, still can’t get on with the mask at night I would love ? to have a uninterrupted sleep, apart from that I have got an indoor cat that likes to let me know when she’s used her litter tray ? hope you’re keeping well take care xx
  • saversam
    saversam Community member Posts: 79 Courageous
    Options
    Been diagnosed with sleep apnea got full mask to wear any ideas how to get used to it and get some sleep ????
    Hi there's a brilliant charity called hope2sleep. You can buy mask liners from them, which i,ve found really made a difference. Makes the mask fit better & makes them more comfortable & they sell dry mouth gel if this is a problem for you. 
  • Tori_Scope
    Tori_Scope Scope Posts: 12,492 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi @jackyslade :) I'm sorry to hear that your depression has been worse recently. Is that something you're getting any support for? 

Thanks @saversam for letting us know about Hope2Sleep! It does seem as though they sell quite a few products to make CPAP masks more comfortable on their website. You could always look around elsewhere to see if there are any better deals online as well @jackyslade

That's classic cat behaviour :D Would it be possible to keep your door closed during the night to help you get an uninterrupted sleep? 
    National Campaigns Officer, she/her

Check out our Playground Accessibility Map
  • Lisatho11987777
    Options
    Hi sorry to hear to you haven't been good I think April has been not to good for alot of people I have been the same hopeing May brings a better time there are always people here to help and support you I am around most days 

Hope things get better for you soon is it possible to use a nassle oxygen at night so that you can get better sleep do you have to have oxygen all day or only at night 

Hope to hear from you again maybe scope have some ideas of how to help and support you 

Take care 
  • jackyslade
    Options
    Hi Lisa, I’m on the nasal one but the harness that comes with it I look like a Martian ??? Tori tried shutting door she makes such a fuss , I’m used to having dogs but coz can’t get out to walk them I went and rescued this indoor cat, I’m a sucker for waif and strays ????, thanks for listening take care xx
  • jackyslade
    Options
    thanks saversam just put my 1st order in to Hope2Sleep xx
  • saversam
    saversam Community member Posts: 79 Courageous
    Options
    Your very welcome. It,s a great site & the service is excellent,  any information just get in touch with them & i,m sure they would be able to help. Please let me know how you get on
  • jackyslade
    Options
    Will do thanks again xx
  • Tori_Scope
    Tori_Scope Scope Posts: 12,492 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Does she scratch at the door @jackyslade? It's hard to resist that!

I'm glad you've been able to make an order, I hope that helps a bit. 

Please do let us know if there's anything further we can do to help :) We're always here to listen. 
    National Campaigns Officer, she/her

Check out our Playground Accessibility Map
  • jackyslade
    Options
    Thank you it really help knowing you are there xx not only would she scratch the door she’s quite partial to the wallpaper as well ????
  • Lisatho11987777
    Options
    I am always around at some point hope thst the other suggestions may help maybe try speaking to your doctor or if your surgery has a nurse they may be able to help 

Brightness