Alt-text — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Alt-text

muuranker
muuranker Community member Posts: 21 Connected
I've been changing my relationship with alt-text recently. Alt-text is a typed description of what is shown in a picture that is read out to people who have low or no sight (and used by some people with cognitive disabilities too). 

But recently I've found writing alt-texts really satisfying. An extension of the creative process of photography.

And today someone recommended this to me - I have not read very far, but I hope others creative people will find it useful (and get more, and better) alt-texts out there.

https://alt-text-as-poetry.net/

Waves to all from Sunny Scarborough!

Pat

Comments

• Sandy_123
    Sandy_123 Scope Member Posts: 46,763 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @muuranker sounds interesting, will read up on it later 
  • Caz_Alumni
    Caz_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 621 Pioneering
    Thanks for your post @muuranker - or should I say, Pat :)

This is really interesting! I'm looking forward to having a read of the poetry link that you've included there. 

Could I ask a bit more about your own involvement with this? I'd be really curious to find out a bit more about how you see alt-text as an extension of the creative process of photography, Is that an already established form of 'art', so to speak? Or something that you yourself have come up with and worked on? 

Please do drop by again soon and tell us a bit more. Looking forward to hearing from you soon!
    Online Community Coordinator (she/her)

Want to give us feedback? Complete our feedback form now.

Brightness