Hi, my name is oceanblue68! Pip tribunal — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Hi, my name is oceanblue68! Pip tribunal

oceanblue68
oceanblue68 Community member Posts: 10 Listener
hello every one. After months and months of appealing against pip  I won my case with getting standard rate of living.  1 day after getting letter from tribunal I get a call from dwp but I was  driving so couldn't answer it.  Its worried me now its the weekend and I've been anxious about it..  in my rejection letter  for example some one from dwp said if I can drive a car then I'm able to Bath..  this person hasn't seen me and how much pain I'm in  with my back  and upper leg muscles among other issues I'm struggling with.  Are these people actually human. Can anyone  shed some light on this please

Comments

• Sandy_123
    Sandy_123 Scope Member Posts: 46,737 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @oceanblue68 congrats on winning your appeal and welcome to the forum. I would ring them Monday and tel, them you missed the call. You've won the appeal so it will be something else, 
    Lots  of disabled people drive cars, doesn't mean they can do every thing else. 
  • janer1967
    janer1967 Community member Posts: 21,964 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi there and welcome 

Dwp do normally ring after tribunal decision to check bank details and if you have been in hospital at all for over 28 days . This is so they can process the payment 

So I would imagine that was the reason 
  • oceanblue68
    Thank you for your reply.s. 
    I hope your right as I've read that dwp can  apeal against the tribunals  decision.  I hope that's not the case  because  all this  has caused me  nothing but stress and anxiety. And think was it ever worth it. 
  • janer1967
    janer1967 Community member Posts: 21,964 Disability Gamechanger
    They can appeal the same as you can but first they would request a statement of reasons from court and can only appeal if there has been an error in law 

They wouldn't be calling you about this anyway court would inform you if they had requested it 

It's not very often dwp do this and as above they wouldn't call you about that 
  • Caz_Alumni
    Caz_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 621 Pioneering
    Hi @oceanblue68 :) Welcome to the community!

First of all, well done on winning your appeal. That's such good news for you. 

Also, as other community members have already said, it sounds like the phone call will be part of DWP's standard procedure following the outcome of your appeal. Hopefully, you can take some comfort from that? 

After everything else though, I can appreciate that it's hard-going having to wait over the weekend to be able to find out more. Is there anything that you could maybe find to do in the meantime, to try and take your mind off things? Of course, you're very welcome to stick around and chat to us on the community! Or even just spend a bit of time exploring and having a read of some of our posts in our Coffee lounge. That might help to pass a bit of time? :)
    Online Community Coordinator (she/her)

Want to give us feedback? Complete our feedback form now.
  • oceanblue68
    Thank you i may just do that.  Its nice to get some information thats greatly welcomed
  • oceanblue68
    Will keep you informed what transpires  tomorrow.  Fingers crossed it ends tomorrow with now just waiting for  my payment.
  • chiarieds
    chiarieds Community member Posts: 16,007 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @oceanblue68 - & welcome to the community. It will just be a standard call as advised above. Hope you manage to enjoy the rest of the weekend. :)

Brightness