Address for additional pip information — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Address for additional pip information

saversam
saversam Community member Posts: 79 Courageous
edited April 2021 in PIP, DLA, and AA
Hi, wondered if anyone can help me. I,ve got a pip telephone assessment on 6th May, with capita. I want to send some additional information to support my claim. Do I  send it to capita or to dwp? Thank you 

Comments

• janer1967
    janer1967 Community member Posts: 21,964 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi and welcome 

You need to send it to dwp make sure your name and ni number is in all documents you send 
  • saversam
    Brilliant thank you.  Yes i,ve done a cover letter with my details on, just wanted to make sure it got to the right place!  And can you confirm that this is the correct address please.  
    Personal Independence Payment 1,
    Mail Handling site A,
    Wolverhampton, WV98 1AA.
  • janer1967
    janer1967 Community member Posts: 21,964 Disability Gamechanger
    Sorry I don't know the address it us where you sent your claim to 

You need your ni number and name on every piece of paper you send not just covering letter in case pages go astray from others 
  • chiarieds
    chiarieds Community member Posts: 16,007 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @saversam - that is the correct address you've given.
  • saversam
    Thanks for that very much appreciated 
  • saversam
    chiarieds said:
    Hi @saversam - that is the correct address you've given.
    Thank you very much, for your help
  • chiarieds
    chiarieds Community member Posts: 16,007 Disability Gamechanger
    You're very welcome @saversam :) & good luck.
  • Cher_Alumni
    Cher_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 5,741 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @saversam

I'm glad the messages you received from our members helped :)  All the best with your assessment and please keep us updated with how you get on.  I have my fingers crossed for you.
    Online Community Co-ordinator

Want to tell us about your experience on the online community?  Talk to our chatbot and let us know.

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.
  • woodbine
    woodbine Community member Posts: 11,521 Disability Gamechanger
    The Wolverhampton address is a general address where most if not all DWP mail goes, it can take upto 10 days from receipt to being scanned onto the system, they would then have to send it to capita and as your assessment is in 10 days, it might not get there in time.
    Sorry thats probably not what you want to hear.
    2024 The year of the general election...the time for change is coming 💡

• Cher_Alumni
    Cher_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 5,741 Disability Gamechanger
    @woodbine Just to let you know, your last post duplicated so I deleted the extra post.  We must have a glitch in the system.  Hmm! Will keep an eye on that.
    Online Community Co-ordinator

Want to tell us about your experience on the online community?  Talk to our chatbot and let us know.

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.
  • saversam
    woodbine said:
    The Wolverhampton address is a general address where most if not all DWP mail goes, it can take upto 10 days from receipt to being scanned onto the system, they would then have to send it to capita and as your assessment is in 10 days, it might not get there in time.
    Sorry thats probably not what you want to hear.
    Oh dear! Don,t know what to do now. Think i,ll just have to send it in and hope for the best. Can,t really do anything else. If they don,t get it i,ll have to hope they let me tell them on assessment day. Thank you for the information 
  • saversam
    Hi @saversam

I'm glad the messages you received from our members helped :)  All the best with your assessment and please keep us updated with how you get on.  I have my fingers crossed for you.
    Thank you. Yes always is!
  • saversam
    saversam said:
    Hi @saversam

Thank you. Yes always is!
    Sorry forgot to say yes will do. Pleased when it,s over!
  • saversam
    janer1967 said:

You need your ni number and name on every piece of paper you send not just covering letter in case pages go astray from others 
    janer1967 said:

Thank you great advice, altered my paperwork & put national insurance number on all pages
  • saversam
    When I filled my pip2 in. I did alot of research before hand. Looked at  lots of different sites. I thought I, d done the best I could, however when I  started reading your posts Mike , which I found.so informative, I  finally "got it" & I realised I  had,nt quite done it right. I, was happy with what I put in but I  don,t think I put enough detail in. Ie two examples of each activity. , so this is the extra information I was sending. So i,m thinking after your input, it,s probably not worth sending in. I, ll just have to hope I get to tell it on the day! 
    Thank you for all the help I really do appreciate it
  • woodbine
    woodbine Community member Posts: 11,521 Disability Gamechanger
    @saversam that's one of the things about the assessment, it gives them a chance to question you but also gives you a chance to "flesh out" your application, before the day of the call go over your copy of what you sent them (if you kept one?) and write down notes about the points you want to get across.
    Good luck.
    2024 The year of the general election...the time for change is coming 💡

• saversam
    Thank you.  Woodbine Thats made me feel better! Thats basically what I was going to do , after realizing I could of done better with the form, but thought today, I think i,d be better sending it in, in case I could,nt say it on the day. But fingers crossed i,ll be able to as you say "flesh it out"!
  • saversam
    Thanks Mike,  for the advice.  I,ll keep you all informed of the out come

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.