We phoned ATOS 2 weeks ago and they said I should hear any day now. Is it worth ringing again? — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

We phoned ATOS 2 weeks ago and they said I should hear any day now. Is it worth ringing again?

Options
tanya2595
tanya2595 Community member Posts: 62 Courageous
edited April 2021 in PIP, DLA, and AA
Hi. My partner phoned independent assessment services who’s doing my assessment for PIP two weeks ago and they said I should be at the top of the list and should be any day now. We still haven’t heard anything and it’s now been 23 weeks since claiming. 

My partner is my appointee so would there be any harm in him phoning them back up today for a update? 

Thank you 

Comments

• janer1967
    janer1967 Community member Posts: 21,964 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi there 

He can ring but they will probably say the same as last time 

Lots of people are in the same situation waiting this length of time there are lots of backlogs 
  • tanya2595
    Options
    @janer1967 he’s going to give them a call anyway to see if there’s a update or not. 

Yeah I know there’s loads of backlog from covid and Christmas etc. 
  • janer1967
    janer1967 Community member Posts: 21,964 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    OK let us know how you get on 
  • woodbine
    woodbine Community member Posts: 11,621 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    @tanya2595 hi, is this for a new claim or a renewal of an existing claim?
    2024 The year of the general election...the time for change is coming 💡

• tanya2595
    Options
    @woodbine it’s a new claim 
  • woodbine
    woodbine Community member Posts: 11,621 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    The good news then is that if you get an award it will be backdated.
    2024 The year of the general election...the time for change is coming 💡

• andy222
    andy222 Community member Posts: 9 Listener
    Options
    Have you Hurd any news yet as I am waiting same sort of time scales as your self and am in the Same situation 
  • tanya2595
    Options
    @andy222 I have not heard anything as of yet my partner is definitely phoning for a update tomorrow so I will let you know the outcome of the update. Hopefully your not waiting too much longer 
  • wilko
    wilko Community member Posts: 2,458 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Your claim may be being assessed by a paper based assessment because of the information and evidence sent with your application. The assessment company is waiting so you can have a face to face assessment which the DWP have announced will start again in May so along site phone assessments some may be called for a face to face assessment.
  • tanya2595
    Options
    @wilko I did send enough information in to prove that I can’t leave my house. The last time I went outside was 2 years ago my partner has to do everything. I have agoraphobia of leaving the house along with my ptsd, anxiety and depression. So hopefully they won’t ask for face to face as I won’t be able to attend 

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.